princeton review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icybeat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the princeton review book that covers all the subjects, but does not have passages. I finished my first biology chapter and started doing the multiple choice. One of the questions confused me because it tested something that wasn't covered in the chapter. It mentioned heterochromatin and euchromatin, but these terms weren't mentioned in the content review. Do you know why the authors did this?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the princeton review book that covers all the subjects, but does not have passages. I finished my first biology chapter and started doing the multiple choice. One of the questions confused me because it tested something that wasn't covered in the chapter. It mentioned heterochromatin and euchromatin, but these terms weren't mentioned in the content review. Do you know why the authors did this?

Most likely because the MCAT is not going to be using questions that are narrow in focus. Passages often test multiple concepts, and sometimes multiple disciplines, e.g. a passage in B/B that is 85% B/B but pulls in 10% org chem and 5% psych.

Also, passages are likely to be on topics you have no knowledge about, so expect to have to deal with that too.