Prioritizing the Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maledoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about how other schools are responding to the Step 2 CS. My school seems to be breathing down my neck because I haven't picked a date for this exam yet. I don't understand why I can't wait until May to take it, especially since the pass rate is rumored to be >97% for US grads.

How are other schools responding to students who have not registered?
Can anyone respond to the rumor that the test will be D/Ced next year?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think it will be d/c'd. i just got an email advising that they will be grading it in groups next year. i would check on usmle.org before deciding on a may date, as it may not be graded in time for you to start residency.

best of luck

here is the list of test dates an report dates. it looks like if you wait until may, your results won't be in until august-sept. looks like if you want results before june you need to sit the exam by the end of feb.

2006 Step 2 Clinical Skills Schedule for Reporting Results

A new reporting schedule for the Step 2 CS examination will be introduced in 2006. The 2006 schedule calls for results to be reported during specific periods throughout the year, rather than on a rolling basis as in the current process. For examinees who test in 2006, results will be reported during the reporting period that corresponds to their exam date. The 2006 reporting periods and their corresponding exam dates are listed below.

Step 2 CS 2006 Reporting Schedule

For Examinees who test Jan 1 through Feb 25, the reporting period is Mar 29 - Apr 26.

For Examinees who test Feb 26 through Apr 22, the reporting period is May 24 - Jun 21.

For Examinees who test Apr 23 through May 20, the reporting period is Jun 21 - Jul 19.

For Examinees who test May 21 through Jul 15, the reporting period is Aug 16 - Sep 13.

For Examinees who test Jul 16 through Sep 9, the reporting period is Oct 11 - Nov 8.

For Examinees who test Sep 10 through Nov 4, the reporting period is Dec 6 - Jan 3, 2007.

For Examinees who test Nov 5 through Dec 31, the reporting period is Jan 31, 2007 - Feb 21, 2007.

The first results for a given testing period will be mailed on the first day of the corresponding reporting period, and it is expected that results for the vast majority of examinees who take the exam during the testing period will be reported on this date. However, it is important to note that there will likely be a small number of examinees for whom scoring and quality assurance are not completed by the first day of the reporting period; these will typically be examinees who took the exam in the latter part of the testing period. Results for these examinees will be reported each week throughout the reporting period, and should be reported no later than the last day of the score reporting period.

This schedule will allow USMLE staff to improve the score reporting system by enhancing the quality assurance and data collection/scoring procedures performed prior to score reporting. Additionally, it will provide examinees, and others who rely on Step 2 CS results, with guidelines regarding when a result will be reported for a given exam date. These guidelines will allow examinees to plan their exam registration and scheduling in order to have their results in time to meet specific deadlines, such as those related to graduation or participation in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), or “the Match”.

The new score reporting schedule applies to examinees who take Step 2 CS in 2006. For examinees who take Step 2 CS on or before December 31, 2005, every effort will be made to ensure that Step 2 CS results are reported in time to participate in the 2006 Match.