Prison Nurse makes $270K

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinesux

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to chatter online, Nurse Nellie Larot has been milking the state of California for quite some time. In the last three years alone, she shoveled down 750K! Need I remind you again, she is a NURSE.....a millionaire nurse!

http://bit.ly/c7w7wA

Members don't see this ad.

If you read the article, you'll see the reason this person made so much money has NOTHING to do with her profession. Instead, she found a way to take advantage of a flaw in the way the state of California manages it's staffing, by collecting a huge amount of overtime. In the article it mentions that certain guards managed the same trick. Any real business would hire another employee and would send her home, but the way the state works, it can't (and doesn't care, since it doesn't have to make a profit)

Doctors can take advantage of similar holes in the payment system. Some pathologists out there make millions because of the way that they are paid for each read of a slide, and because they found a way to get thousands of reads of the most profitable slides. Some spine surgeons make millions because all they do are multi-level procedures, receiving full payment for the procedure for each level. And so on and so forth.

Members don't see this ad :)
ZOMG! A millionnaire nurse! Waaaah! Get beyond your nursehate and see that the real problem is the stupid way that administration is handling staffing. The only time a nurse is allowed to work overtime is when there isn't adequate staffing. The ******* mandatory work furloughs exacerbated the staffing problem! The nurse in the article is filling a need created by the system. If she makes good money for it, well, good for her. She's certainly working for it, it's above water. Not to mention the TAXES that will be deducted from her pay.

According to chatter online, Nurse Nellie Larot has been milking the state of California for quite some time. In the last three years alone, she shoveled down 750K! Need I remind you again, she is a NURSE.....a millionaire nurse!

http://bit.ly/c7w7wA

So quit being a whining about being a medical prison **** and go be a prison nurse.... beyond that, this is really old news.

So what, and who cares? :rolleyes:

uh....the taxpayers of Califormia?

To the comment above....Sorry, but I have no desire to spend the next 30-40 years of my life working in a prison NOR would I ever want to become a nurse. So my answer would be a resounding NO SQUARED to your suggestion.

They have a lot more to worry about than that.

I'm surprised you don't.

Come on, BD, Taurus can't be in charge of "Outrage Central" by himself. Come to think of it, there's a lot about "medicinesux's" posts and "Taurus's" posts that have much in common. Maybe they should get together. It's a match made in...well, somewhere.

I save my outrage for CEOs of financial institutions bailed out on the public purse who whined about the "draconian" salary restriction of half a mil a year imposed by Obama.

As medical people, at least we do jobs that are socially useful - dare I say noble?

At the jail where I work, nurses AND correctional officers sometimes make > $100,000. But they're working so much overtime, they have no life. One of the nurses who did this a lot, working night shifts, all the overtime she could grab, etc, is now 64 years old, and dying of lung cancer. Though her kids will appreciate all the money she made.

In a capitalist democracy, we see all sorts of undeserving people making dog-choking wads of cash for stupid sh**; gag websites, etc. I don't begrudge a nurse.

I have no problem with this as long as she donates some to gun rights organizations. :D

It's beyond her profession, so if she earns that much then its her own life. There will be an issue if she uses her profession in raking that amount of money.