PRITE exam results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychobabble

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a PGY-I psych resident, I just received my PRITE exam results. Does anyone know the significance of scoring in certain percentiles? (e.g. 70-s 80-s 90-s)?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too!
This is what I learned from my PD. The neuro score predicts u'r performance on the boards i.e. if u do badly in neuro it's likely u'll do badly in ABPN. That said, if u score>70%(not percentile) u'll do good on boards.It also helps to keep an objective check on u'r performance from yr-to yr.
Hope this helps.
:clap: :clap:

Me too!
This is what I learned from my PD. The neuro score predicts u'r performance on the boards i.e. if u do badly in neuro it's likely u'll do badly in ABPN. That said, if u score>70%(not percentile) u'll do good on boards.It also helps to keep an objective check on u'r performance from yr-to yr.
Hope this helps.
:clap: :clap:

It depends how much you studied and what pgy year you are. If you want to do well on the neurology section make sure you know the book 'neurology for psychiatrists'. they run a course too. I took it and knew the book and did the questions at the end of the chapter and was in the 99% on the neuro. The neuro part of the boards is hard but FAIR. no bizarre or weird questions.

do old prites if you can. don't just memorize them. take each question and figure out why the answers are right and wrong and why they are asking that topic. the questions may change but the general topics they ask about really don't.

btw don't let anyone tell you you're prite score determines your future board scores! studying changes everything!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa! Two and a half year thread resurrection!

LOL I was scannign the boards

now I see a pgy1 wrote it.
pgy 1 prite scores mean nothing as whoever wrote this probably knows by now given how old the thread it!