Rosh Review for ABPN certification exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Desired Member

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with using the Rosh Review question bank to prepare for psych board exam? Also, if you have passed boards in the past year and would be willing to share what was/wasn't helpful when studying, that would be welcome too. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I did Rosh review when they came on the market. They actually offered us a free trial of there whole Q bank for a month hoping to entice the institution to buy it. Honestly it was crap but that was in 2019. Not sure if they improved it. I think k and s is good as well as Mypsychboard. BTB has mixed reviews but helps some people pass.

Reactions: 1 users
I did Rosh review when they came on the market. They actually offered us a free trial of there whole Q bank for a month hoping to entice the institution to buy it. Honestly it was crap but that was in 2019. Not sure if they improved it. I think k and s is good as well as Mypsychboard. BTB has mixed reviews but helps some people pass.
Thanks. Funny story...I tried to buy the mypsychboard qbank recently. My credit card kept getting declined. I called my credit card company and they reported they will not allow transactions with the company that handles the transaction, apparently due to high levels of fraud.

• Wow
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought board vitals was plenty fine for a brush up. Good Ux/Ui and fairly representative of the test.

Reactions: 1 user
I used it and it was a steaming pile of trash. Question quality was poor. What really infuriated me was that they have a feedback option for questions you think are wrong. I can’t remember what it was but there was one that it marked me wrong and I gave feedback why my answer was right and theirs was wrong. Got a condescending response a few days later trying to “explain” why I was actually wrong (their explanation was nonsensical). I googled the guy’s name who had responded and lo and behold, he was an EM doctor. If they’re having EM doctors review incorrect questions, I’m guessing they also use EM doctors to write them in the first place.

Needless to say, I stopped using it after that.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks everyone for their input. I may try board vitals. Anyone have any knowledge of beat the boards? I saw on previous threads that people didn't find it that helpful and it is so expensive.

Thanks everyone for their input. I may try board vitals. Anyone have any knowledge of beat the boards? I saw on previous threads that people didn't find it that helpful and it is so expensive.
Board vitals questions are hard but not board relevant. They are good for practice. I have not tried Rosh review. BTB videos are too slow!

Had a trial period with Rosh. The part I liked about Rosh was the tiny little tidbit at the end of each question. But on the main questions - it was actually frustrating how often there were mistakes. I sent in 20+ concerns over the course of a month, and most of the time they decided to adjust the question stem or answer options in some way as a result. So they're responsive, which is lovely, but I wouldn't trust it as a primary learning source.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a trial period with Rosh. The part I liked about Rosh was the tiny little tidbit at the end of each question. But on the main questions - it was actually frustrating how often there were mistakes. I sent in 20+ concerns over the course of a month, and most of the time they decided to adjust the question stem or answer options in some way as a result. So they're responsive, which is lovely, but I wouldn't trust it as a primary learning source.
Rosh is full of mistakes and low yield material.