PRITZKER FIRST CHOICE???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelicanMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to know how many of you have Pritzker as your number one choice.

All you have to do is respond to the thread and say "YES".

Thanks
:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Pelican, you will get in off of the waitlist. Fear not.

thanks for the support mdanielle.

I hope your right

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out that Pritzker puts 300 people in the alternate pool.

Man I think I am f88ked.

Pelican, you did not pay attention to my previous post. Allow me to qualify: Last year, I had three friends get in off of the waitlist at Pritzker. It wasn't until around June. From what I understand, quite a few in the class got in via this route. Fear not, Pelican Man !

•••quote:•••Originally posted by PelicanMan:
•I just found out that Pritzker puts 300 people in the alternate pool.•••••How did you find this out? I thought that they only waitlisted 100 people and took roughly one third of them. I don't see how they could put 300 people on an alternate list when they do not even have to accept 250 people to fill their class (based on admissions info from <a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/dir-med/admis_04033.htm" target="_blank">USNews</a>).

I called Audrey Gabriel and she told me about 300 are in the alternate pool. I talked to her today. I was like damn.

Got the call last night that I'm in...but my heart seems to be in Philly with Penn, so I probably won't be going. Seems like you really like Pritzker, hope you get my spot and good luck!!!!!!! :D

Thank you so very much KJigga. I owe you big time. I wish I were in your shoes. I love Pritzker. I need that call.

Kjigga

Did you get off the waitlist? When did you interview? Thank you very much.

Pelicanman,

I'm curious about why Pritzker is your first choice. I'm considering the school, but I'm MSTP, and so I don't think that my decision will affect the MD admissions process.

its the perfect school for me.

I didn't think I would find a school perfect for me but Pritzker is it.

Just because its perfect for me doesn't mean it will be perfect for you.

Some of the reasons are

1. Pass Fail
2. Chicago
3. my sister going to live there
4. lecture all the time
5. research easy
6. part of undergrad campus
7. curriculum
8. good ass reputation
9. everything i am looking for

YES

and to add one to your list PelicanMan, a place where pritzker really shines is the support the administration and faculty give to their students and the priortiy that studetns concerns and student life is given. good luck pelicanman I hope I see you this fall