Pritzker waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cozmopak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Pritzker announces its wait list and starts pulling people off it?

Members don't see this ad.

Right after 5-15-05... I think

If you really want to go there, I would recommend contacting Sylvia on a regular basis. good luck, hope to see you next year

Members don't see this ad :)
housemd said:
If you really want to go there, I would recommend contacting Sylvia on a regular basis. good luck, hope to see you next year

Do you have experience with Pritzker's waitlist? I went in to speak with David Owen personally and wrote a nice long letter of intent to the Committee, describing why Pritzker and why medicine. Pritzker is most certainly my top choice school. You suggest I contact Sylvia as well, by email or by phone?

cozmopak said:
Do you have experience with Pritzker's waitlist? I went in to speak with David Owen personally and wrote a nice long letter of intent to the Committee, describing why Pritzker and why medicine. Pritzker is most certainly my top choice school. You suggest I contact Sylvia as well, by email or by phone?

I am an entering MSI at Pritzker so dont have personal experience with the waitlist but do know that Sylvia has a lot of pull with the waitlist so I would use her as your point of contact. Let her know you spoke with David Owen as well. Perhaps set up a phone meeting. Good Luck!

cozmopak said:
Does anyone know when Pritzker announces its wait list and starts pulling people off it?

Does anyone else consider Pritzker their top choice and is on its alternate list?

They sent me an email a couple weeks ago asking if I was still interested because they were going to start pulling people off soon. I decided to withdraw and stick with the school I'm in now but I imagine they should start soon.

cozmopak said:

I don't know if they made the waitlist yet, but I do know that they already accepted a few people from the alternate pool (You can be pulled off any time, even before they make the waitlist. They should be making the waitlist around now, if they haven't already). If you already talked to David Owen and wrote a letter of intent, then you've already done what you can do. Talking to Sylvia for an update definitely wouldn't hurt, though - i heard that you shouldn't be afraid to bother them.

Did you talk to David Owen specifically about the reasons why the committee decided to waitlist you?

maygirl said:
I don't know if they made the waitlist yet, but I do know that they already accepted a few people from the alternate pool (You can be pulled off any time, even before they make the waitlist. They should be making the waitlist around now, if they haven't already). If you already talked to David Owen and wrote a letter of intent, then you've already done what you can do. Talking to Sylvia for an update definitely wouldn't hurt, though - i heard that you shouldn't be afraid to bother them.

Did you talk to David Owen specifically about the reasons why the committee decided to waitlist you?

I did, and I addressed those reasons in my letter.

maygirl said:

Does anyone know how many people they're likely to accept off the waitlist this year?

Hey cozmopak,
Sorry to displace (although it's a form of a bump) this thread, but I was wondering if you knew whether David Owen, himself, is an MD, or PhD? Seems weird, but his info never is followed by any title.

Thanks

drslc134 said:
Hey cozmopak,
Sorry to displace (although it's a form of a bump) this thread, but I was wondering if you knew whether David Owen, himself, is an MD, or PhD? Seems weird, but his info never is followed by any title.

Thanks

No problem, he's not an MD or a PhD.