Pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNALadder2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I e-mailed to ask about the status of my application. They replied saying a letter is in the mail. Will this be a rejection letter? I ask only because it seems that most interview letters are given via e-mails from Pritzker. It's okay...break the news to me...

Members don't see this ad.

It's probably a rejection. Rejections seems to be coming via mial (in a private envelope at least), and invites via email. I might be wrong, but if I'm not at least you're not alone...my rejection came earlier this week!

racegirl, did you not receive an interview from Pritzker when you received the letter from Pritzker? Let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops, let me clarify the question. I guess what I am asking you is whether you received the rejection letter after the interview with Pritzker?

I got rejected yesterday. The bad news came by mail. I think rejection letters are sent out by mail for sure because I didn't receive an email. Interview invites probably come by email.

Moo,

did you have an interview with them?

Originally posted by DNALadder2002:
•Moo,

did you have an interview with them?•

Nope, rejected without interview. Stats are above their avgs.

I have heard Pritzker doesn't interview anyone without research experience. Did any rejectees have publications or research experiences? :)

i had both great research experience and 3 publications (1 first author) and 4 more on the way. rejected w/o interview.

Pritzker has been mass (snail) mailing lots of applicants with rejection letters. There's been at least 7 or 8 reports in the past two days of rejections from UChicago.

i'm curious whether you all took the august MCAT? maybe they got your scores and that factored into their decision.

DNA and others,

Nope, I didn't get an interview. Yes I do have research experience. I took the MCAT in April. Some have said the essays are what they base cuts on. I don't know, my essays were pretty good, but maybe a bit too quirky for them--I got sick of writing about medical stuff so I wrote about other things. I think my low GPA killed me. I have a strong upward trend, but I don't think they cared...

i'm in the same boat as racergirl. april mcat (35) and lots of research/pubs. Pritzker was my first secondary, so I sepnt a lot of time on my essays (lots of drafts, etc.). No interview for me either. As like racergirl, I have a **** GPA with an upward trend.

Members don't see this ad :)
What--Who the HELL is Pritzker holding out for??? Does anyone know anyone that got accepted there yet?

Hey nochaser,

I am sorry you are upset. I was one of the people that were accepted at Pritzker, and my stats aren't that spectacular, certainly not as close as some people who got rejected w/o interview. I am really really excited, and I couldn't be more happier to get accepted, by I, like you, have no idea how people are invited for interviews. I think Pritzker is a school that takes a more personable approach to admissions, and so people who do have high MCAT's and GPA's may not be interviewed just based on those things (as some schools which will go unnamed give interviews before secondaries come in).Perhaps essays do play a larger part (and recommendation letters too).
I wouldn't worry too much about this, however. The process is a crapsoot. I thought I had one of my best interviews at Tulane, (an administrator told me he was considering me for a fellowship/scholarship and was going to strongly recommend to accept at the committee) and I ended up in their "acceptance range". But, I got into Pritzker, and I felt it was the perfect match for me, and I am ecstatic. Don't worry guys, you all sound like great applicants and it sooooo early in the process. ;)
Good luck to everyone,
GS

I too was rejected by U chicago--Received the mail letter today...No interview

MCAT 34T, 3.86 GPA (Top 20 college)...
Plenty of clinical/research experience
+ pubs too!

I congratulate those who got in!! But I cannot believe they take an individualized
approach when the reject without interviewing
obviously qualified candidates. Don't feel badly anyone; they're rejecting plenty of good people!

I'm trying to finish the Pritzker secondary right now. I don't feel very motivated. So many essays. Ugh...Sorry, had to vent.

GG16, what was the breakdown of your MCAT if you dont' mind me asking...

wow, I did not realize how lucky I was to interview there. I have similar stats to the rest of you but who knows what they are looking for. For those of you who get a chance to interview, the school is great and everyone is excited about doing medicine.

For those interested, my MCAT:
11V, 11P, 12B, Essays T
3.86 GPA, 3.91 BCPM

**You'd think I deserve an interview, but oh well, it actually saves me the $$, so I guess I should appreciate it. Besides, I know where I want to go after Friday...YALE!
Yale was by far the coolest school i've been to so far...

You were right! It was a rejection letter! Disappointed...

hey

i got an email from pritzker this week saying that they were going to hold my application for further interview consideration... did anyone else get the same email? I'm wondering how long it will take them to decide, because I'm sick of spending money on plane tickets to fly across the country for one interview at a time

thanks

Hi all...
I interviewed with Pritzker and can pass along this info...They seem to place MUCH weight on essays/letters. Further, I think they are looking for students with an interest in academia. That is the sense that I got from the Dean of Admissions. Hope that helps to shed some light on the situation!
Zan :)