Private practice cardiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chromaticscale

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience in private practice cardiology? Would love to hear some perspectives. Also if anyone has experienced both PP and academic medicine, would like to heart the differences, pros/cons. Factors such as salary, lifestyle, workload. I hear that more practices are hospital owned these days.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah plenty jobs are now employed while PP is dying out. PP is usually more control and having to run a business, for better or worse. Academics is academics, generally lower pay, but they have different flavors too. Lifestyle and workload can vary more due to the job itself, not so much the practice setting. I've heard of plenty good and bad setups in academic, PP or employed.

I am in a PP group in Sacramento. We are the sole group left in the city. But we are thriving and do what we want. Looking to hire a couple new guys in the coming year. If you are interested in joining a lucrative PP with possible building ownership, no call and no weekends… reply to me. We are looking for the right fit.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Curious to know what the salary range is?
Also in PP, how flexible can you be with hours or workload? Depends on who you are working with?

Last edited:
I am in a PP group in Sacramento. We are the sole group left in the city. But we are thriving and do what we want. Looking to hire a couple new guys in the coming year. If you are interested in joining a lucrative PP with possible building ownership, no call and no weekends… reply to me. We are looking for the right fit.
Thanks but I'm just a first year fellow! Good to know what options are available out there.

Read my thread, it will be quite informative. There is even a post buried in there with a check list of play by play practice formation.

Go find a nice small rural community, open up your own place and have fun with it. Build it up to be what you want.

Also in PP, how flexible can you be with hours or workload? Depends on who you are working with?
We start new hires as employees for 2 years around median mgma. 2 yr partner track. We are unique in that we split end of month revenue equally between all partners. We also have our own asc/obl in our office. We make 800k-900k depending on the year. We all make our own schedule. As long as everyone produces their share of revenue doesn’t matter what your schedule is.

Reactions: 1 users
I've seen your other thread that your group has an opening for non-invasive position in Sacramento. Didn't know NorCal PP comps were that high. I know a couple of folks at Kaiser/Stanford and their total comp was in the high 200s to low 300s
Only two PP left is Sacramento. We have always been on cutting edge of technology and practice.

Our partners make approx 750k/year. Varies a bit year to year. Your hours can be pretty flexible but our model is split revenue between all partners so the workload is equal amongst everyone. We are not a “eat what you kill” model so the expectation is that everyone works equally hard.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I've seen your other thread that your group has an opening for non-invasive position in Sacramento. Didn't know NorCal PP comps were that high. I know a couple of folks at Kaiser/Stanford and their total comp was in the high 200s to low 300s

Wow serious? Only 300 for general cards?