Private Practice Ophthalmology Vacuum in Denver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mclem222

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been practicing as a retina doctor in Denver in private practice and there is a huge vacuum in Denver for comprehensive ophthalmology private practices. One of my buddies started a practice and is doing 25 cases a week already after two years. Does anyone know of other cities where this is happening? If I was a young motivated resident who wanted to start their own practice, I would come here.
 
The population of Denver is booming but I figured it was young tech people, and not the age range (elderly) that require cataract surgery. That's interesting. I live in a much smaller town but all of the local general groups are also looking for cataract surgeons to join them. They are all very busy. Same with retina here. How is retina in Denver?