Problem with AMCAS LOR form + another LOR question lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cactuscomma

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted on here recently about how how I didn't have a LOR from non-science professor and I ended up getting my Spanish professor to agree to write me one and submit it by the end of the month! When I create the form for this new letter everything works normally and I'm able to attach it to my already submitted primary to each school (I haven't actually resubmitted the app though with the new LOR though). However, once I log out of AMCAS and log back in, the form for this new letter has disappeared from the Letters of Evaluation page (even after I saved application). Is it possible that this is happening because I'm not attaching this letter to any of my primary applications and resubmitting? Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I'm wondering if I should hold back on submitting any secondaries I get until after this letter is uploaded. From what I've seen on other threads it seems like the adcoms will just wait until everything is submitted (LOR + Secondary) to send out any IIs. I submitted my primary on July 20 so I'm expecting to be verified in the next few days. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys have!

Members don't see this ad.

In order to get the new letter request entry to save, you have to resubmit your app after adding it.

Reactions: 1 user
In order to get the new letter request entry to save, you have to resubmit your app after adding it.

Alright, so will I have to actually assign the letter to the schools then? I'm just nervous about getting ghosted by a professor again and having a missing letter on my app. Thanks for your help!

Alright, so will I have to actually assign the letter to the schools then? I'm just nervous about getting ghosted by a professor again and having a missing letter on my app. Thanks for your help!

No, you can add the letter and resubmit your application without assigning it to schools.

Reactions: 1 user