Problems having DAT scores sent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MsPurtell

Okay my computer just chewed up a long message. Basically, I'm having problems with the ADA getting my DAT scores out. They claim they sent them to each of the schools I applied to, but 3 of the 10 schools never got them. They refused to resend them!!! They told me to have the schools call them. I'm gonna be mighty pissed if I have to go through that trouble. WHy should this be my problem? I paid them to perform a service and they should perform it until they complete the required service.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it?

Thanks, margaret :( :mad: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

yes and no. UNC said that they were waiting on my DAT scores (this is a conversation I had last week) to review my app. That's weird because I took it at the beginning of June. So I call the DAT people up and they said it was mailed Jun 18. So UNC should have had it for 3 months now. I call UNC back up, tell them that they've had it for 3 months and they do a little checking. Turns out they filed it under my first name, and not my last like the rest of my application. So whereas I had hoped to interview there this weekend, I don't know now since they just started on my app. So it might very well be a little thing like that. Have them check and then check again just to make sure. Then I'd fax them a copy of your score report, and then tell them to call DAT to have them resent. Hope this helps

Thanks baccurso,

You're right I should just call and approach them gently asking them to please contact the ADA. I was really boiling over yesterday!

Margaret

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Margaret
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through some trouble.
However, I think most of dental school administration make mistakes since they are also humans. This is not a great thing to happen for anyone. but this is what I do to prevent it. I call them make sure they are doing their jobs right....

:mad:

Don't let any school tell you they don't have your DAT score. The ADA not only sends your score, they post it on a website that the schools can access. If they tell you that your on the site or if even one school has your scores, they all should. No excuses!!! That's why they want the schools to call them! :cool: :D

I like happy endings.... ;)