Problems with AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitrblus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Day 1 and I already have problems. I went to register for AMCAS and it says they have no record of me in the system. Anyone else getting this problem? This is going to be a fun process.... :mad: .

Members don't see this ad.

guitrblus said:
Day 1 and I already have problems. I went to register for AMCAS and it says they have no record of me in the system. Anyone else getting this problem? This is going to be a fun process.... :mad: .

You are checking "Yes" to one of those two identifying questions I presume? I called and the lady told me to check "no" for both questions and create a new name and password even thought I thought I should have one from taking the MCAT.

chattkis said:
You are checking "Yes" to one of those two identifying questions I presume? I called and the lady told me to check "no" for both questions and create a new name and password even thought I thought I should have one from taking the MCAT.

I had a feeling thats what I would have to do. I'll call tomorrow to make sure that it's the same reason as you had, but I thank you.

If you have never applied via AMCAS, they won't have a record of you. Taking the MCAT does not automatically make you in the AMCAS system. I am sure lots of people take the MCAT and then don't apply via AMCAS.