Procrastinators like me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kleptobismol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The deadline is approaching. I know it is. You would think that I would have sent out all my secondaries before the summer even began. Hah! Is there anyone else out there who just can't get their act together until the last second? C'mon people, fess up and give some support.

Members don't see this ad.

YES!!! I've found that SDN can be a depressing place to be when so many people on here have had their apps in for months and are already receiving acceptances, and you're still working on submitting to AMCAS. But I'm just like that . . . deadlines work for me where other tactics fail (applying to undergrad, i specifically remember standing in line at the 24hour post office and watching the lady hand-postmark all of my apps before midnight of the deadline date!) . . . i just have to say that rolling admissions totally suck. :D

I've heard some evidence that suggests there aren't as many late appliers this year, so here's to hoping we'll get verified quickly!

I'm in the same boat.

I completed my AMCAS on October 15th. I'm still waiting for them to verify my application (any way to speed up the process)?

Interestingly enough, one of the schools sent me my secondary application BEFORE verification. But my letters of recommendation aren't ready yet. :p

Be strong. Be confident. If not this year, there's always next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's last year's "late appliers" thread, just in case anyone is interested: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=328368

I tried my darndest to submit by October 15th . . . there were actually a few schools I really wanted to apply to whose deadlines for AMCAS were the 15th . . . but my PS was just not ready . . . and so now I'm refining and submitting hopefully tomorrow for Oct 31st deadlines . . . I'm a horrible, awful procrastinator! I also JUST found out that AMCAS screwed up with the some of the deadlines it had posted . . . not that this matters for me anymore (and not like I had ANY shot there) but AMCAS had the UCSF deadline as Nov 1, and they just changed it to say Oct. 15th (the MSAR had it correct). How ridiculous!!! There were some other schools it was wrong about too . . . like Johns Hopkins and Northwestern (it had said Oct 16th, but their deadlines were Oct 15th) . . . they also had Oct. 31st as a deadline for some schools and that appears to have been changed to Nov. 1 for those . . . which is totally effed up. I went to Georgetown's website, which says Oct. 31 is its deadline, and AMCAS has it down as Nov. 1 . . . um, NOT COOL AMCAS!!! (just thought i'd share my annoyance :p)

The deadline is approaching. I know it is. You would think that I would have sent out all my secondaries before the summer even began. Hah! Is there anyone else out there who just can't get their act together until the last second? C'mon people, fess up and give some support.

Me. I don't care much, though. If I don't get in this cycle, I will attack it next round twice as strong. And there is a lot of stuff to do during the time off.

YES!!! I've found that SDN can be a depressing place to be when so many people on here have had their apps in for months and are already receiving acceptances, and you're still working on submitting to AMCAS. But I'm just like that . . . deadlines work for me where other tactics fail (applying to undergrad, i specifically remember standing in line at the 24hour post office and watching the lady hand-postmark all of my apps before midnight of the deadline date!) . . . i just have to say that rolling admissions totally suck. :D

I've heard some evidence that suggests there aren't as many late appliers this year, so here's to hoping we'll get verified quickly!

Me!!! I am the late applier, terrible procrastinator. Can't finish my secondaries. Gonna submit about 10 of them by the deadline. If I did not go to SDn, I would be just fine, but reading posts here makes me feel ssooo bad.
I am glad there are non-neurotic people out there who do things at THIER OWN PACE no matter what. We'll all be fine - if a medschool really wants you - they'll take you no matter what.

Just verified last week. Starting all my secondaries now. Essays are evil.