• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

there is

Aug 1, 2010
Status (Visible)
I start a FM residency this June.
Due to the wife's work and there being NO safe housing near the hospital that we can afford, I'll be commuting about 30 minutes each way. This isn't preferable, but it is already planned. So work with me.

That's an 1-1.5 hours every day I'm sitting in the car. I've done this kind of commute before. Some days I'll just decompress. But other days I'd like to listen to something so that I have less reading to do at home.

Any advice on a good audio series??

Would a board review series be useful for in-training exam prep?? Or overkill??

Thank you for any input.

Prncssbuttercup

Established Member -- Family Medicine Attending
10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2010
Where ever I am, I wish I was in Versailles
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If your vehicle has an ipod adapter get an Audible account. There are tons of audiobooks on there, and you can choose whatever and download it. Then if you want to switch from book to book it (generally) remembers where you were last. 30 mins seems like such a breeze to me! I have had 90+mn commutes each way! I've listened to many different things, medical and not, as well as fiction/non-fiction...

About the Ads

SeekerOfTheTree

10+ Year Member
May 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Avoid listening to a book on tape if in dense traffic. You will be pissed off.

montessori2md

10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
On the Road Again
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
There are a lot of free podcasts on itunes, look in the medicine section -just depends on how much you can tolerate after work. I like Jeffrey Guy's ICU rounds, when I feel like listening to someone teach, b/c he uses a lot of physiology. Honestly, I mostly download NPR. Also, NEJM has a bunch of clinical podcasts you can download (things like PAD, etc) on their website.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.