Professionally Recommended?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TAbrown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was professionally recommended for the Navy HPSP a few days ago. What does this mean? Does that mean that the HPSP board recommended me for the scholarship and that the hardest part is out of the way?
Also, what happens during the "commissioning" part of the application: i.e. what does the board look at?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like just a recruitment pitch. Or just clever marketing, like when the junk mail envelope loudly proclaims that you have been "personally selected for a special offer" ;)

As far as comissioning requirements, if you're a US citizen without a felony arrest record, you can be comissioned (and the latter qualification is waiverable).

Seriously, if you're interested in Navy HPSP, it sounds like you've passed the first hurdle, that's all - it could mean anything from the fact that they got your name off a mailing list from your school, to your gpa & mcat being acceptable. No way of knowing, unless some of the navy guys here recognize the verbage.

TAbrown,
do yourself a big favor.....take out a loan.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're currently going through the application process, then professional recommendation is the first of a few steps towards you receiving the scholarship. It means that your work history and recommendations were positively reviewed. Among other things, you also need to be physically recommended.

TAbrown said:
I was professionally recommended for the Navy HPSP a few days ago. What does this mean? Does that mean that the HPSP board recommended me for the scholarship and that the hardest part is out of the way?
Also, what happens during the "commissioning" part of the application: i.e. what does the board look at?

Thanks

do yourself a favor, take the advice of MilMD

USAFdoc said:
do yourself a favor, take the advice of MilMD

Do yourself a favor, take the advice of MilMD and USAFDoc.

island doc said:
Do yourself a favor, take the advice of MilMD and USAFDoc.

Do yourself a favor, take the advice of Island Doc about the advice USAFDoc gave about taking the advice of MilMD. (I'm bored of studying, I don't know what their excuse is.)

Spang said:
Do yourself a favor, take the advice of Island Doc about the advice USAFDoc gave about taking the advice of MilMD. (I'm bored of studying, I don't know what their excuse is.)

I'd take the advice of milmd. See how cool he looks all dressed up next to his motorcycle. If I saw a cigarette in his hand, I'd be hard pressed not to start smoking.