Profiles for Students who didn't get Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlscallmepogi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are med schools allowed to give this information?

I'm asking because I'm wondering what my chances of getting accepted to a med school are if I go to University X. I know med schools, for the most part, don't care what university you went to(or at least won't admit they care), as long as you have a high GPA and MCAT score, but if all applicants that went to University X got rejected, doesn't that tell you something(or it could be a coincidence)?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm...

u can go find out mcat/gpa stats from university X for the applicants who applied to med school. it could be just that even tho they had high stats, there might have been something wrong with another aspect of their app. or it could be just coincidence. as for chances of getting in, look at ur own app and see if it's good. u dont really need to ask other ppl.....if u have high mcats/gpa, and ur EC's r great, then u have a good chance. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply.

This has probaby been discussed many times, but does going to a University(for an undergrad) that is also associated with a med school(UH for example) boost your chances of getting in?

I've never asked if girls would call me pogi or pangit. Great name! As to your question, I think the answer lies in what definition of the letter "X" is. I applied to a variety of schools, but a few were definately chosen because they accept unusually high numbers of applicants from my undergrad. I would check with your undergrad office to see if they have any information about the schools you are interested in. I think the undergrad to same med school is the same way, it varies according to the school. Good luck with your applications!

girlscallmepogi said:
Thanks for the reply.

This has probaby been discussed many times, but does going to a University(for an undergrad) that is also associated with a med school(UH for example) boost your chances of getting in?

I think it does matter for certain schools. For example, people from my undergrad have gotten into Harvard, John Hopkins, and other big name med schools so we clearly have qualified people. However, no one has ever gotten into Baylor from this school.

I read your name and as a filipina, I have to give you props. Ha ha, that's funny. You know, I named my dog pogi, although I always thought it was spelled with an "e" at the end.
Anwyays, good luck on med school stuff! :cool:

a lot of univiersities will usually tell you what percent of their applicants get into medical schools. That is pretty inflated, since they basically discourage people who are not competitive from applying. I doubt the medical schools would tell you anything interesting.