Program coordinators

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostin_space

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is it that frequently PC's don't answer when they are written? My residency PC answers very quickly but I've had terrible problems getting in touch with other programs.

I have emailed and called for example the PC at VCU and she does not get back to me - even when I contacted the PD, she still was apathetical and still nothing.

I've called programs in Texas, no one can be reached. I've called and emailed programs in FL and nothing. WTH? Does no one work?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be honest: for many you need them more than they need you and they are usually quite busy actually taking care of things to help run a residency.

Should they respond to emails, yes. Will it be a high priority for them...probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to be honest: for many you need them more than they need you and they are usually quite busy actually taking care of things to help run a residency.

Should they respond to emails, yes. Will it be a high priority for them...probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It's ridiculous, one of the recent coordinators sent me a long email the other day when I wrote the PD and stated that I was uanble to contact the coordinator and I was interested in their program. The coordinator writes me and makes all sorts of excuses, yet it's been ANOTHER 2 weeks and silence. I should send a complaint. That is their job. As residents we get in massive trouble if we don't answer our pages. Coordinators should coordinate. If they can't respond to emails what is the point of their job

Presumably you're contacting programs in the hope of getting a spot.

Contacting them to complain about their coordinator won't help your case.

Reactions: 14 users
185.png

You've already asked and had this question answered.

Closing.

Reactions: 2 users
Presumably you're contacting programs in the hope of getting a spot.

Contacting them to complain about their coordinator won't help your case.

It's a new type of generation these days. All I ever knew how to do was kiss a** and eventually it all worked out!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.