program ranking...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docfos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any one please rank the first 5 programs in PA,NJ and NY based on their training quality? I appreciate that. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at three programs in philly last year. I was incredibly impressed with Temple. In fact, if it hadnt been in philly, it would have been my first choice. I am at a program in NYC. After doing second looks at several NYC programs, I can tell you that teaching is likely great at Columbia (if you can tolerate the cornell campus), st lukes, and jacobi- all have way different ERs.

I cant rank programs as I only applied to city programs and think different people would have different impressions than me.

dogma said:
I interviewed at three programs in philly last year. I was incredibly impressed with Temple. In fact, if it hadnt been in philly, it would have been my first choice. I am at a program in NYC. After doing second looks at several NYC programs, I can tell you that teaching is likely great at Columbia (if you can tolerate the cornell campus), st lukes, and jacobi- all have way different ERs.

I cant rank programs as I only applied to city programs and think different people would have different impressions than me.
Thanks alot dogma. Isnt columbia different from cornell? Why do you think the cornell campus isnt tolerable?

Different campuses but same program. Cornell is in a very wealthy area and caters to many very wealthy patients. The privates make desicions and the EMs follow their orders-- at least thta was my impression. Again, this is all off of my interview. I did a second look at columbia. Really liked it and ranked it highly.