Program Visit as MS3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drfunktacular

ANA ≠ SLE
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an MS3 thinking of applying for Radiology next year.

My dad is having sort-of major surgery at a major, well-known medical institution in a few weeks, so I will be there in the hospital for a few days. I was just curious: would it be worth touching base with their Rads program to see if I could take a look around or hang out with a resident one of the days while I'm there? My intuition is that it wouldn't be worthwhile, but I don't want to miss an opportunity of some kind if someone knows something I don't...

Thanks!
 
No don't do it! Your dad will be having surgery, you should be with him. I don't believe it would go over well with the department either. Good intentions, but in the end it will make you look selfish. If anything I would pass by and look at the department.