Programs for Pre-PT Students - summer camps,internships, Masters, postgrads...

Started by birdy123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

birdy123

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!!

I'm new here. I'm getting my major in psychology. I have several of the science classes done... I graduate this summer and am thinking of what to do next year as I will need to take a "gap" year in order to take my GRE and get some volunteer/work PT hours..

I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for 6months - 1 year post grad programs - masters or certification courses that would help raise my gpa/help boost up my application....

I've been thinking of just going to a local 4 year in my state and taking classes but I would much rather do a program that ends up in some sort of a degree.

Also, are there any internship or research or summer programs (like SMDEP or summer research programs) specifically designated for rehabilitation students?

Feel free to throw in any other tips as well - such as good gpa/gre/# of hours for getting into good physical therapy schools. A few that I'm interested in are:
columbia, usc, unc, cornell, duke, uofD,uw in st L, emory, etc....


Thanks!!!