This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venmezine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a foreign-trained vet who is preparing to take BCSE this year. I heard about the Canadian VSTEP program -a 6 month program with lectures and hands-on training for foreign vets. I was planning to apply next year, only to find out that they just discontinued the program.

Does anyone know of any similar programs for foreign trained vets? Programs with lectures as well as hands-on exposure?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can help you with that, there are some programs on the CVMA website, I am in the same dilemma too. I think we should group together along with others who need the same kind of training and we can help each other.

I am a foreign-trained vet who is preparing to take BCSE this year. I heard about the Canadian VSTEP program -a 6 month program with lectures and hands-on training for foreign vets. I was planning to apply next year, only to find out that they just discontinued the program.

Does anyone know of any similar programs for foreign trained vets? Programs with lectures as well as hands-on exposure?

Thanks
Hello, did you find any programme like VSTEP? Could you please share your experience about it? I preparing for the same at the moment. Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been searching for so long and I can tell you with complete certainty that there is not a single program in entire Canada that gives any kind of training for foreign veterinarians. You should consider other options if you do not want to waste your time.

Reactions: 1 user