Programs not accepting apps 2006-07

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pikachu

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for programs that aren't taking people for 2006-2007 PGY-2 spots (so the ones this year's applicants are looking at). So far:

Loyola (Chicago)

Members don't see this ad.

then you might want to edit the subject of your thread; it looks like you're naming programs who are accepting. up to you.
steph

it won't allow me to change the title in the list

sorry

Members don't see this ad :)
New York Methodist won't be taking anyone this year as well.

Also, I believe that Henry Ford Hospital and SUNY-Downstate are not listed on ERAS, but will soon be activated later this summer/early fall as taking ERAS applications.

I can't believe I'm going to have to call ~50 programs to see if they are taking people this year!

Simul

SimulD said:
I can't believe I'm going to have to call ~50 programs to see if they are taking people this year!

Simul

Emailing them might be another option. But don't send a mass email of course.

SimulD said:
Simul
Hopefully if this thread gets going you won't -
Maybe some of the residents who post on this board can let us know if their programs are not taking people?
Thank you Steph for fixing the title!

pikachu said:
Hopefully if this thread gets going you won't -
Maybe some of the residents who post on this board can let us know if their programs are not taking people?
Thank you Steph for fixing the title!
sure thing.
Another recommendation: as folks adds to the list, you should copy and cut and paste it to the previous list like they did in the "interview" thread a few months ago. But remember to take out stuff if it turns out to be wrong or you might do others a diservice.

Cornell (NY-Presbyterian) is not listed on ERAS, but will be ERAS-ready soon. They have a grand total of ... 1 spot for PGY-2.

Later,
Simul

Univ. of Utah Hunstsman Cancer Institute will be accepting 1-2 positions for that year.

visit http://radbio.net for reasons to pick Utah.

-Jonathan

Hmm ...

Pikachu,

I called them, since they were still on ERAS, and the secretary told me that they accepting spots for 2006-7 (the current application cycle). However, she didn't seem to know what she was talking about - at first she said there were six spots! I don't know ...

How did you hear that they weren't talking spots?

Simul

Hmmm...maybe he wants the spot for himself???

SimulD said:
Hmm ...

Pikachu,

I called them, since they were still on ERAS, and the secretary told me that they accepting spots for 2006-7 (the current application cycle). However, she didn't seem to know what she was talking about - at first she said there were six spots! I don't know ...

How did you hear that they weren't talking spots?

Simul
The PD emailed me after I wrote to the contact address provided on ARRO. I think it was the secretary's address, but I got the email from the PD. it probably wouldn't hurt to double check.

SimulD said:
Cornell (NY-Presbyterian) is not listed on ERAS, but will be ERAS-ready soon. They have a grand total of ... 1 spot for PGY-2.

Later,
Simul
Is this Columbia or Cornell? I didn't think Cornell had a program.

cornell does across the street from MSKCC interestingly enough.