Programs not accepting apps 2006-07

Started by pikachu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pikachu

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for programs that aren't taking people for 2006-2007 PGY-2 spots (so the ones this year's applicants are looking at). So far:

Loyola (Chicago)
 
then you might want to edit the subject of your thread; it looks like you're naming programs who are accepting. up to you.
steph
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New York Methodist won't be taking anyone this year as well.

Also, I believe that Henry Ford Hospital and SUNY-Downstate are not listed on ERAS, but will soon be activated later this summer/early fall as taking ERAS applications.

I can't believe I'm going to have to call ~50 programs to see if they are taking people this year!

Simul
 
SimulD said:
I can't believe I'm going to have to call ~50 programs to see if they are taking people this year!

Simul

Emailing them might be another option. But don't send a mass email of course.
 
SimulD said:
I can't believe I'm going to have to call ~50 programs to see if they are taking people this year!
Simul
Hopefully if this thread gets going you won't -
Maybe some of the residents who post on this board can let us know if their programs are not taking people?
Thank you Steph for fixing the title!
 
pikachu said:
Hopefully if this thread gets going you won't -
Maybe some of the residents who post on this board can let us know if their programs are not taking people?
Thank you Steph for fixing the title!
sure thing.
Another recommendation: as folks adds to the list, you should copy and cut and paste it to the previous list like they did in the "interview" thread a few months ago. But remember to take out stuff if it turns out to be wrong or you might do others a diservice.
 
Cornell (NY-Presbyterian) is not listed on ERAS, but will be ERAS-ready soon. They have a grand total of ... 1 spot for PGY-2.

Later,
Simul
 
Hmm ...

Pikachu,

I called them, since they were still on ERAS, and the secretary told me that they accepting spots for 2006-7 (the current application cycle). However, she didn't seem to know what she was talking about - at first she said there were six spots! I don't know ...

How did you hear that they weren't talking spots?

Simul
 
SimulD said:
Hmm ...

Pikachu,

I called them, since they were still on ERAS, and the secretary told me that they accepting spots for 2006-7 (the current application cycle). However, she didn't seem to know what she was talking about - at first she said there were six spots! I don't know ...

How did you hear that they weren't talking spots?

Simul
The PD emailed me after I wrote to the contact address provided on ARRO. I think it was the secretary's address, but I got the email from the PD. it probably wouldn't hurt to double check.
 
SimulD said:
Cornell (NY-Presbyterian) is not listed on ERAS, but will be ERAS-ready soon. They have a grand total of ... 1 spot for PGY-2.

Later,
Simul
Is this Columbia or Cornell? I didn't think Cornell had a program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad