General Admissions & OTCAS Programs still open to apply to that don't require the GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cactusflowerblossom

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the the record, I AM taking the GRE (Feb 1st was the earliest I could get) but I don't have high hopes for it as I've had virtually no time to study for it recently and haven't done stellar on the math part of the practice ones back when I took a GRE prep course. Up until very recently I was planning to apply to PA school and had a sudden change of heart, feeling I would be happier doing therapy. So I'm late to the party.

That said, I have a 3.74 undergrad GPA and my prereq GPA is pretty good too. I have heard some schools waive the GRE if your GPA is decent? But also interested in programs that don't require it altogether. So far the only one out West that I know of is Loma Linda but their application period has passed.

I want to get into a good school but I'm also wanting to get into a program sooner rather than later (i.e. waiting till the next application cycle). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

For the the record, I AM taking the GRE (Feb 1st was the earliest I could get) but I don't have high hopes for it as I've had virtually no time to study for it recently and haven't done stellar on the math part of the practice ones back when I took a GRE prep course. Up until very recently I was planning to apply to PA school and had a sudden change of heart, feeling I would be happier doing therapy. So I'm late to the party.

That said, I have a 3.74 undergrad GPA and my prereq GPA is pretty good too. I have heard some schools waive the GRE if your GPA is decent? But also interested in programs that don't require it altogether. So far the only one out West that I know of is Loma Linda but their application period has passed.

I want to get into a good school but I'm also wanting to get into a program sooner rather than later (i.e. waiting till the next application cycle). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I know that West Coast University in Los Angeles doesn't require the GRE. They accept students twice a year in the Spring and Fall. So the next deadline shoud be coming up soon. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
NYU (for Masters), Columbia, Downstate, Seton Hall, Sacred Heart

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern University, Glendale AZ
-Rolling admissions
-No GRE unless you have under a 3.0 I believe?
-I applied very late last year and still got in

Chicago state university