General Admissions & OTCAS Programs still open to apply to that don't require the GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cactusflowerblossom

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the the record, I AM taking the GRE (Feb 1st was the earliest I could get) but I don't have high hopes for it as I've had virtually no time to study for it recently and haven't done stellar on the math part of the practice ones back when I took a GRE prep course. Up until very recently I was planning to apply to PA school and had a sudden change of heart, feeling I would be happier doing therapy. So I'm late to the party.

That said, I have a 3.74 undergrad GPA and my prereq GPA is pretty good too. I have heard some schools waive the GRE if your GPA is decent? But also interested in programs that don't require it altogether. So far the only one out West that I know of is Loma Linda but their application period has passed.

I want to get into a good school but I'm also wanting to get into a program sooner rather than later (i.e. waiting till the next application cycle). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
 
For the the record, I AM taking the GRE (Feb 1st was the earliest I could get) but I don't have high hopes for it as I've had virtually no time to study for it recently and haven't done stellar on the math part of the practice ones back when I took a GRE prep course. Up until very recently I was planning to apply to PA school and had a sudden change of heart, feeling I would be happier doing therapy. So I'm late to the party.

That said, I have a 3.74 undergrad GPA and my prereq GPA is pretty good too. I have heard some schools waive the GRE if your GPA is decent? But also interested in programs that don't require it altogether. So far the only one out West that I know of is Loma Linda but their application period has passed.

I want to get into a good school but I'm also wanting to get into a program sooner rather than later (i.e. waiting till the next application cycle). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I know that West Coast University in Los Angeles doesn't require the GRE. They accept students twice a year in the Spring and Fall. So the next deadline shoud be coming up soon. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Midwestern University, Glendale AZ
-Rolling admissions
-No GRE unless you have under a 3.0 I believe?
-I applied very late last year and still got in