programs to stay away from?

Started by efh4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

efh4

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know ophtho is a difficult match, but are there any programs that you would recommend not applying to/ranking because of the poor educational experience (or for any other reason)?

I am particularly interested in programs in the midatlantic area and illinois/iowa/wisconsin areas. If you recommend any programs in these areas, let me know that too! Thanks!
 
Originally posted by efh4
I know ophtho is a difficult match, but are there any programs that you would recommend not applying to/ranking because of the poor educational experience (or for any other reason)?

I am particularly interested in programs in the midatlantic area and illinois/iowa/wisconsin areas. If you recommend any programs in these areas, let me know that too! Thanks!

I don't have a list of programs you should stay away from. Most programs I applied were very impressive.

In the mid-atlantic area, I recommend:
1) Iowa of course
2) Madison
3) Wash U (St. Louis)
4) University of Illinois eye program
5) Mayo

That should be a good start for you.