Projectile Motion on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrayArea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have always had trouble with projectile physics problems. Any tips/short cuts on attacking these sort of problems?

Are they even tested directly on the MCAT? Has anyone seen them on the official exam?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have always had trouble with projectile physics problems. Any tips/short cuts on attacking these sort of problems?

Are they even tested directly on the MCAT? Has anyone seen them on the official exam?

Thanks.
Hi GrayArea,

Unfortunately, as "Translational Motion" is on the test, Projectile Motion could certainly be asked. The good news is that if you have got linear translational motion in one dimension on lock (sliding blocks with or without a plane), projectile motion is really simple. There are fewer straight-up physics problems in total on the post-2014 exam, so you are less likely to see one, as it is harder to apply to the body than most, however, given the passage-based roulette wheel, I would suggest knowing how to deal with them. I just released a Youtube video on this very topic. I hope it helps!

Reactions: 1 users