prometric MASSACRE!!!7-22-10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OU11BB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all I have spent the last month in prayer and studies. I honestly believe I would not have done so well w/o the peace and confidence that my savior provided the night before and morning of my test. I had no jitters or anything of that nature. It was really nice. The first DAT i took 2 years ago and it was totally out of my league. I wasnt ready and totally choked. I decided to get my stuff together and for the last 2 years have been taking classes that prepare you for the DAT and studying. When i say classes i just mean normal college courses.
My first scores and then TODAY!!!
PAT 19---76.8 PAT 21---92.2
QR 16---52.3 QR 14---25.8:laugh:
RC 16---17.1 RC 23---94.5:smuggrin:
Bio 17---51.1 BIO 26---99.6
GC 16---39.9 GC 21---87.4
OC 15---32.3 OC 22---91.5
TS 16---37.1 TS 23---98.2
AA 16---33.0:thumbdown: AA 21---93.0:thumbup:

I could not be more pleased even w/that pile of suck I left behind in QR. Hopefully it will not hinder me to much.

Resources, Dat destroyer, Topscore, Kaplan, Cliffs, Campbells, CHAD'S VIDEOS and a dry erase board w/20 packs of expo markers, booty glue from from the hardware store and patience. DO NOT TAKE THIS THING if your not ready mentally.

PAT is easier than kaplan and seems easier than topscore but my scores were lower. I think that they throw a few lemons in there so that it will trip you up and you waste time. I swear that i had one keyhole that didnt match anything that the had.
QR i am in no position to speak of this i had math destroyer and yes it was similar. i generally would get anywhere from 21-26 right out of math destroyer. I must have only got 15 right or something ridiculous like that. At one point in time I had to put headphones attached to the computer because the shooting rage headset they provide was killing my ear. SO I put the nice looking soft ones on and all i heard was the computer chirping haha you suck, try to get that one, Im gonna ruin your DAT score, that what you get for not working on math.haha I have not had any math other that chemistry math for 6 years, so i know what my problem is. I didnt want to learn it, and was trying to get around it. I was OK w/getting a 16, but that didnt happen so now i dont know what to do.
RC reading out of cliffs, Godfrey, and anything else I could get my hands on. Passage was brain and language, calcium, and DNA microarrays. I thought I was tanking it, but i believe some divine power intervened and helped me get through. I started out S&D, but i was have difficulties finding answers quickly, so I just started doing less S&D and just reasoning out the answers.
BIo cliffs and bio knowledge from school, kaplan, Khan videos. I felt that BIO was straight forward. I had alot of taxonomy and ecology. I felt good in this section.
Chem CHAD, DESTROYER, kaplan. I think that if you can do all 3 of these with accuracy and consistency then you are almost in great shape. In my opinion the icing on the cake is taking topscore at the end to get your mind set, and expose you to DAT like formatted questions
OC CHAD and DESTroyer, kaplan. Same as above. I would recommend the road maps out of destroyer. If you know those you will not be surprised on the test, Other than how ridiculously easy it was! i dont know what i missed.

Advice I would give is to gain confidence, dont let family, B/f or G/f, boss "dentist" pressure you into taking the test when your not ready. The DAT is like a dog, and when it smell fear it will tear you up just look at my first scores. I did destroyer for the last 2 years off and on, during the last month i would do 50 problem a day out of each section except math. obviously. i had a bunch of old ADA practice tests from friends and honestly my scores were very similar to those tests. I know people like to put them down but I think they are a good indicator of what you will end up with. I mean everyone here says "well if your getting 18 on your topscore or achiever then you are in great shape because people usually are +2" On my ADA i was around 21-22 for chem and 25 for bio. ANyway THanks SDN for all your help, this is a great community for learning and helping. I was very intimidated at first, because of all the 23's, but i just used it as a motivation tool. So thankyou

What do yall think about my 14, not trying to go anywhere fancy. If any of yall have had any friends in similar situation could you tell me how it played out for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Make sure you check the schools you are applying to and see what the limit is on any one section of the DAT. I know a lot of schools have a cutoff somewhere around 16 or so for any one section.

What happened on the QR? Seems like you were doing rediculously solid until then.

Good job! Big improvement from last time, now you can relax and enjoy the summer:D

Could you please describe why you think you got the score on QR. I see you don't want to talk about it, but may be I will get a bit of encouragement.. I am so scared of this section! Actually I hope to get at least a 14, like you..lol. I have the feeling I will totally mess it up.. Destroyer math seems so difficult! How long did you prepare for it?
Congrats, by the way!

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been so long since I have had math. First of all, that is not math on the DAT! I can do math, and really im quite good. however i cant do trig. I have never taken a class on it. The word problems are just lengthy and unless your are extremely proficient at setting up equations and solving then its going to be tough. Anyway get a tutor if you need to, I wanted to do that but there were not any here over the summer.