Prospective Job at Hospital. Clinical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novafan3000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a interview tomorrow for a huge hospital chain in my area. The job title is: Room Service Associate. I believe this job is the one who is responsible for prepping/delivering food to patients, some in accordance with specific dietary guidelines. Do you think this would be considered "paid clinical experience" or just hold out and continue working my job as a bank teller and doing various EC's? It would probably affect the volunteering significantly unless I can do it less than 10hrs/wk. Maybe ask for a shift or 2 a week max? Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Got a interview tomorrow for a huge hospital chain in my area. The job title is: Room Service Associate. I believe this job is the one who is responsible for prepping/delivering food to patients, some in accordance with specific dietary guidelines. Do you think this would be considered "paid clinical experience" or just hold out and continue working my job as a bank teller and doing various EC's? It would probably affect the volunteering significantly unless I can do it less than 10hrs/wk. Maybe ask for a shift or 2 a week max? Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks!

My gut feeling is that is not consider clinical, just because you're just bringing them food and that's it. The 2 times a week sound like a good idea, that will get your food in the door, so that you can look for a more clinically oriented type of job within the hospital. Good luck.