Prosthodontics residency with a focus on digital dentistry, esthetics, and Impalnt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dante72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I wanted to know which Prostho programs focus more on digital aspect of the treatment, esthetic treatments and Impalnt dentistry?

I know Prostho has a really wide field of knowledge, and when I see pass, most of the programs focus on removable prosthetics. I’m more interested in the digital area, milling and 3D printing.

Any input are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are approaching Prostho programs with a slightly improper mindset. If all you want are certain aspects of Prostho like digital, esthetics, and implants, honestly I think that a Prostho program may not be your best fit. Maybe seek out a fellowship of some kind or if you are a dental student, an AEGD/GPR.

Almost every Prostho is going to have digital, esthetics, and implants, but each of them will utilize them in different ways to achieve certain goals. And to get to digital, esthetics, and implants, you need to have a lot of foundation knowledge as well. For example, if you have a poor understanding of analog workflows, digital workflows aren't just going to magically be easier and better. Most program do NOT focus on removable prosthetics, I am not sure where you see that. I feel like at this period in time, most Prostho programs will teach you digital, esthetics, and implants... but everything else as well. Those are just small parts of Prostho and if that's all you want to learn, then I would not recommend Prostho for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above commenter. I can't think of any program that focuses on removable, though some have more capabilities for digital prosthodontics including what you have outlined etc.

If you're looking for a program that only teaches those aspects then perhaps the non-CODA accredited programs out there may be what youre looking for. This may not be exactly what you are looking for in terms of milling, but is probably the closest thing to it: Apa Advanced Clinical Fellowship in Aesthetics

If you are looking for digitally oriented programs or programs that have a high capacity for digital workflows/implant dentistry you should apply to UConn, URochester, UBuffalo, San Antonio.

Reactions: 1 user