Protect Your Assets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So with all this talk about Doom and Gloom. I thought I'd give those of you waiting and worrying about what's next after residency once Obama "fixes" everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Obama hater but that's another story.
No matter what, you will make enough money to be the upper echelon of society. And everything will work out fine, sort of. It depends on your needs. Me personally, I need snow, snow, more snow, and some dirt. Oh, and a nice truck that can tow my rig to Moab and hauls aass.

That brings me to my story. In an effort to shed some humor and ambition on this forum with all the ney say going on, I post this.

I have recently purchased a Supercharged Toyota Tundra for those of you that don't know. I just ran with a Suby WRX today. I've raced this guy b/4 in my wifes Range Rover Sport (RRS) Supercharged and I held with him pretty tight, really tight. As a matter of fact he could not pass me. But this is on curvy mountain roads, which makes things a bit interesting.:eek: On a side note, the RRS S/C runs well and has a slightly better throttle response than the Tundra S/C. It just seems to get after it immediately while the Tundra supercharger takes just a slight moment to kick in. But when it does, WOW.

So back to the story. My buddy is following me in his G35 and he has no idea that I'm charged. He knows I got a new truck and that it has something modified in it but not that it is supercharged. When right in front of me the Suby that I ran with about 1-2 months ago in my wifey's RRS pulls out in front of me and gets on it since he pulled out with little space. He has no idea that I know his WRX from earlier and neither does my buddy. So I give little room and when he hits the gas I'm right there but not too close on his ass. MY buddy is right behind me now and the road turns to curvy uphill climb about 700 ft every 2 miles. Nothing to steep but steep enough. The road gets more desolate and the traffic dissipates completely. I just knew the WRX was going to run that stretch so I was ready. My buddy was oblivious. The WRX sort of gets after it in the first turn and I'm right there. The distance we had gain b/w the G35 and us was rapid. I'm sure the WRX looked in the mirror and said, "Woa, that Tundra's still there." Then he decided to drop me.:D I can see the G35 back there but I knew that wasn't going to last. Well my buddy had other intentions. He pulled us in in the next "S" turn but just as we exited the "S" turn the WRX decided to test us. He hit it and I stuck with him on every move. I wish I could have seen his face. :confused: Now my buddy knows what is going on, he's all in. We have about 3 miles to my turn off and the WRX just let's lose. I match him even through the turns. I have to let off b/4 the turns (I'm driving a truck for god's sake) but I real him in on the way out of the turns with ease. It looks like we are losing the G35. I continue to pull this guy in rapidly with every straight and then back off in the turns. He is literally power sliding through some of the turns (just as we did when we ran the RRS about 2 months ago). That doesn't matter, I can pull him in with ease in a matter of seconds. I see my turn coming and it's about 1/4 mile ahead, my buddy is wayyyy back there. I make a move like I'm going to pass the WRX just to show him what's up :p then let off to make the turn into my street. I learned a few things. This S/C'd Tundra can roll and that it's always easier to chase than to lead. In the RRS I noticed that as hard as I pushed he could match it but there was always that doubt as you entered the corners. The RRS handles much better than the Tundra but with some idea of the turn coming from the vehicle ahead of you, it's a bit easier to let loose.

My buddy pulls into the driveway with eyes like this :eek: . He says, what was that all about. I said, what happened to ya? One minute you were there and the next you were gone.:D

Members don't see this ad.

That just put a smile on my face. Thanks for a *real* glimpse into my future.

In a related story, I remember gunning my mom's Astro van back in the day. Pulled up to a stop light in my little suburb late at night. Friend was riding shotgun. Beat-up little Supra or some such car was next to us at the light. No one else at the intersection. Just like Better Off Dead, we both gave the sideways glance and revved.

Opposite direction turns red, I start on the gas with my foot on the brake. Green light- I'm squealing this bitch. 100 yards later I see his taillights (of course), about the time I see a kid on his bike in my lane. He could not have possibly gotten out of the road any faster. Dumped his bike into the grass, and was pulling it out of the road as I blew by.

If you're reading this, kid, I'm sorry. :laugh:

Noy, I like you a little more every day. Thanks for the breath of fresh air. Some day we will have to run Yotas together... Of course since my truck looks a little more like this

32147190014_large.jpg

Perhaps we should wait until I can afford a real truck.

it's always easier to chase than to lead.

Truer words were never said

- pod

Disclaimer: While the truck in this post looks very much like pod's truck it is not in fact my truck. Mine is a little uglier.

So with all this talk about Doom and Gloom. I thought I'd give those of you waiting and worrying about what's next after residency once Obama "fixes" everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Obama hater but that's another story.
No matter what, you will make enough money to be the upper echelon of society. And everything will work out fine, sort of. It depends on your needs. Me personally, I need snow, snow, more snow, and some dirt. Oh, and a nice truck that can tow my rig to Moab and hauls aass.

That brings me to my story. In an effort to shed some humor and ambition on this forum with all the ney say going on, I post this.

I have recently purchased a Supercharged Toyota Tundra for those of you that don't know. I just ran with a Suby WRX today. I've raced this guy b/4 in my wifes Range Rover Sport (RRS) Supercharged and I held with him pretty tight, really tight. As a matter of fact he could not pass me. But this is on curvy mountain roads, which makes things a bit interesting.:eek: On a side note, the RRS S/C runs well and has a slightly better throttle response than the Tundra S/C. It just seems to get after it immediately while the Tundra supercharger takes just a slight moment to kick in. But when it does, WOW.

So back to the story. My buddy is following me in his G35 and he has no idea that I'm charged. He knows I got a new truck and that it has something modified in it but not that it is supercharged. When right in front of me the Suby that I ran with about 1-2 months ago in my wifey's RRS pulls out in front of me and gets on it since he pulled out with little space. He has no idea that I know his WRX from earlier and neither does my buddy. So I give little room and when he hits the gas I'm right there but not too close on his ass. MY buddy is right behind me now and the road turns to curvy uphill climb about 700 ft every 2 miles. Nothing to steep but steep enough. The road gets more desolate and the traffic dissipates completely. I just knew the WRX was going to run that stretch so I was ready. My buddy was oblivious. The WRX sort of gets after it in the first turn and I'm right there. The distance we had gain b/w the G35 and us was rapid. I'm sure the WRX looked in the mirror and said, "Woa, that Tundra's still there." Then he decided to drop me.:D I can see the G35 back there but I knew that wasn't going to last. Well my buddy had other intentions. He pulled us in in the next "S" turn but just as we exited the "S" turn the WRX decided to test us. He hit it and I stuck with him on every move. I wish I could have seen his face. :confused: Now my buddy knows what is going on, he's all in. We have about 3 miles to my turn off and the WRX just let's lose. I match him even through the turns. I have to let off b/4 the turns (I'm driving a truck for god's sake) but I real him in on the way out of the turns with ease. It looks like we are losing the G35. I continue to pull this guy in rapidly with every straight and then back off in the turns. He is literally power sliding through some of the turns (just as we did when we ran the RRS about 2 months ago). That doesn't matter, I can pull him in with ease in a matter of seconds. I see my turn coming and it's about 1/4 mile ahead, my buddy is wayyyy back there. I make a move like I'm going to pass the WRX just to show him what's up :p then let off to make the turn into my street. I learned a few things. This S/C'd Tundra can roll and that it's always easier to chase than to lead. In the RRS I noticed that as hard as I pushed he could match it but there was always that doubt as you entered the corners. The RRS handles much better than the Tundra but with some idea of the turn coming from the vehicle ahead of you, it's a bit easier to let loose.

My buddy pulls into the driveway with eyes like this :eek: . He says, what was that all about. I said, what happened to ya? One minute you were there and the next you were gone.:D

I have a supercharged Tacoma...lots of fun and suprises lots of different cars.