Provision Premium (Contact Lens) Opinions

Started by drbizzaro
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drbizzaro

Varilux/Essilor Advocate
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious as to what everyones opinion is on the "Provision Premium" contacts made by CooperVision.

Also, does anyone have any information as to who exactly profits from this lens being sold (other than CooperVision)? An obvious answer would be any practice that sells the lenses, but I'm just wondering about an additional 3rd company that might.

Thanks to anyone who can provide opinions on these lenses.
 
I'm just curious as to what everyones opinion is on the "Provision Premium" contacts made by CooperVision.

Also, does anyone have any information as to who exactly profits from this lens being sold (other than CooperVision)? An obvious answer would be any practice that sells the lenses, but I'm just wondering about an additional 3rd company that might.

Thanks to anyone who can provide opinions on these lenses.

Never heard of it.
 
I'm just a preopt studet but I wore provision premium for YEARS and loved em. I had a bad Rx though before I got LASIK.
+5.50 -2.25 in both eyes.
Dunno if my opinion matters much but I worked with several doctors who prescribe them religiously. Just thought I'd drop my 2 cents
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Provision Premium (from what I remember) is an Eye Care Centers of America (ECCA) private label.

Provision Premium is a Frequency 55 spherical lens fit in a 2 week modality.
Provision Premium Aspheric is a Frequency 55 Aspheric fit as a monthly lens

ECCA loves Cooper Vision and hates Vistakon... all because they get special pricing from Cooper Vision and they can do the ridiculous "private label" crap.