Prp for balding / hair loss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMR’s chill

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Does anyone have experience with prp for hair loss? If so I’d love to learn about protocols you use. Looking to supplement my practice and offer prp for hair loss / balding.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I’m sorry...but this is hilarious. It truly is the wild-wild west out there

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hi all,

Does anyone have experience with prp for hair loss? If so I’d love to learn about protocols you use. Looking to supplement my practice and offer prp for hair loss / balding.

Thank you

Hello, I am PM&R resident going into pain fellowship, thinking about basing myself at So Cal. Had few questions but your PM seemed to be blocked. Anyway I can contact you? Had few questions. Thanks.

hi all,

Thank you

I had the procedure done on myself - worked wonders. I will be offering it, will be undergoing a course to truly be most effective. Definitely worth it.

I had the procedure done on myself - worked wonders. I will be offering it, will be undergoing a course to truly be most effective. Definitely worth it.

Where do you inject?

Paging oreosandsake

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Cheaper for a reason. George is the best.

What does that mean? Charging more does not mean one will get better. I am not saying he is not good - not at all. But at the end of the day paying significantly more for the same thing, is not always good.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does that mean? Charging more does not mean one will get better. I am not saying he is not good - not at all. But at the end of the day paying significantly more for the same thing, is not always good.

You are not paying for the same thing. When you pay for George, you get George. No one else is George.

You are not paying for the same thing. When you pay for George, you get George. No one else is George.

That is awesome. Can George give me a discount for a fellow colleague? That would make George pretty awesome in my view! :)
I did think from what I saw, that he works with a few other physicians no?

That is awesome. Can George give me a discount for a fellow colleague? That would make George pretty awesome in my view! :)
I did think from what I saw, that he works with a few other physicians no?

Tell him about the forums and drop names. He likes his Pandas, Japanese whiskey, and fine dining.

And his prp like Hefeweizen

you guys that are doing this, how many treatments does one typically need? This just sounds too good to be true

you guys that are doing this, how many treatments does one typically need? This just sounds too good to be true

Typically 3 treatments - 1 every 3 months then maintenance. I odn't do it - yet - but have done it.

Typically 3 treatments - 1 every 3 months then maintenance. I odn't do it - yet - but have done it.
What do you mean you don't do it but have done it? You mean you did one treatment but not the full 3?

What do you mean you don't do it but have done it? You mean you did one treatment but not the full 3?

Sorry that was poorly worded - I have gotten it done on myself, but don't do it to others - ie - I don't perform the procedure at this time.

Sorry that was poorly worded - I have gotten it done on myself, but don't do it to others - ie - I don't perform the procedure at this time.

Do you need boosters or do the hair follicles stick around. Asking for a friend! :)

Do you need boosters or do the hair follicles stick around. Asking for a friend! :)

Haha, tell your "friend' that yes boosters I think are necessary. I did the 3, then did a few more, I forget how many and then I did another one after I moved. They hurt quite a bit, and your scalp hurts for a while too and feels tight - especially since like mine, I don't have much fat at all in the scalp. I had lost quite a bit of hair - I would at times cry in the bathroom during residency I had lost so much hair. :( I look at my hair now and it's a significant difference. I also bought one of those helmets and took spironolactone. So altogether I have significant more hair, I don't see my scalp like I used to. That was rough for me as a woman.

The procedure itself is easy - Draw blood, separate components, get the needles and syringes ready, and inject away. Some people do microdermabrasions to the scalp, my Dermatologist did not - not sure if that would make a difference. But if I were you and you were interested, I'd buy a centrifuge, learn to do it, and either do it yourself or have a friend or someone medical inject for you - it's not brain surgery.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha, tell your "friend' that yes boosters I think are necessary. I did the 3, then did a few more, I forget how many and then I did another one after I moved. They hurt quite a bit, and your scalp hurts for a while too and feels tight - especially since like mine, I don't have much fat at all in the scalp. I had lost quite a bit of hair - I would at times cry in the bathroom during residency I had lost so much hair. :( I look at my hair now and it's a significant difference. I also bought one of those helmets and took spironolactone. So altogether I have significant more hair, I don't see my scalp like I used to. That was rough for me as a woman.

The procedure itself is easy - Draw blood, separate components, get the needles and syringes ready, and inject away. Some people do microdermabrasions to the scalp, my Dermatologist did not - not sure if that would make a difference. But if I were you and you were interested, I'd buy a centrifuge, learn to do it, and either do it yourself or have a friend or someone medical inject for you - it's not brain surgery.

Have they done BMAC for hair loss? It’s great that your are finding answer to a problem as old as time, but it would be nice for prolonged effects.

Have they done BMAC for hair loss? It’s great that your are finding answer to a problem as old as time, but it would be nice for prolonged effects.

Don't know the answer to that. Well it's not perfect, but it is a solution that helps tremendously. But like with anything, it's not necessarily a cure but treatment that works. Good enough for me.

send me a PM =D march 9-10 tickle your fancy?

Has anyone seen PRP get covered by insurance? I’ve see Tricare cover for lateral epicondylitis

Has anyone seen PRP get covered by insurance? I’ve see Tricare cover for lateral epicondylitis

Oh wow good times! Tricare is the military insurance right?

So we’ve established that prp works for female hairloss. The question is does it work for androgenic alopecia in males

So we’ve established that prp works for female hairloss. The question is does it work for androgenic alopecia in males
It does but you have to have hair - you can’t be bald and expect PRP to do miracles

Didn't work for me :cryi::lol:.

Every week trimming down until I get the Scott Van Pelt look haha.