Prt 4931

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laya533

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone take verbal from TPR 4931? I took it and I thought it was veryyyyyy hard. Can everyone who has taken it post his/her grades to kinda compare?

Members don't see this ad.

i would imagine you would post yours. i will be taking it next week...

Laya, why don't you ask your teacher this sort of thing? The teacher would tell you that 4931 is considered somewhat, but not terribly, more difficult than the MCAT. Importantly, he or she would also remind you that a majority of our students do not see significant improvement until the fourth diagnostic test. He could also look at your individual performance to see whether there is a specific problem that you ought to address at this point.

Yours is just one instance, but this sort of question arises regularly; my response is intended for everyone who is contemplating asking this sort of question, for which the best resource is someone who is not reading this board. The best person to whom to address a question about a Princeton Review diag is a Princeton Review teacher. You paid about $1500 for their help; you should take advantage of it.

I'm guessing you've already asked your teachers, and are looking for still more reassurance. If so, no problem, though you should be sceptical of the value of any particular answer you get on here. If you haven't asked the teachers yet, you should do that first.

Shrike
TPR physics, verbal, bio

Shrike -
I am finding that 4951/4961 are barely letting me breathe. My teachers are telling me that my tests are the same level of difficulty as the rest of the students. Since I am a refresher student and already took the normal exams (did a little better I might add) should I be jumping ship now? Like start studying for the GRE? I am beginning to feel like I am one of those people that don't have the capability of doing this anymore!! Thanks. Any words will certainly help.

Shrike said:
Laya, why don't you ask your teacher this sort of thing? The teacher would tell you that 4931 is considered somewhat, but not terribly, more difficult than the MCAT. Importantly, he or she would also remind you that a majority of our students do not see significant improvement until the fourth diagnostic test. He could also look at your individual performance to see whether there is a specific problem that you ought to address at this point.

Yours is just one instance, but this sort of question arises regularly; my response is intended for everyone who is contemplating asking this sort of question, for which the best resource is someone who is not reading this board. The best person to whom to address a question about a Princeton Review diag is a Princeton Review teacher. You paid about $1500 for their help; you should take advantage of it.

I'm guessing you've already asked your teachers, and are looking for still more reassurance. If so, no problem, though you should be sceptical of the value of any particular answer you get on here. If you haven't asked the teachers yet, you should do that first.

Shrike
TPR physics, verbal, bio

Members don't see this ad :)
4931 is probably the best of the first three tests in the 4901 series, 4911 and 4921 are not too much like the real test because they are more difficult then 4931 and the bio is way too straight forward and not passage focused in the 4911 and 4921 as well as it is in 4931. That is my feeling and what I have heard from others at TPR.

Shrike, however, is right. Your real jump will be seen when you take 5R, 6R, etc.