PS format in AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

joh020340

I don't know if anybody else wonders this or if it's just me but what is the best way for format the AADSAS PS? I pasted by PS into the area but the paragraph indents do not show up. Did you guys just put a space in between the paragraphs or is my computer just not working right for the format (I'm using a mac with firefox).

Members don't see this ad.

That's what happened to me as well... No paragraph indentations. It may be a mac thing(i'm on one too). I put spaces between paragraphs and left them unindented. Don't know if that was a big deal, but I still got in... hope that helps.

I don't know if anybody else wonders this or if it's just me but what is the best way for format the AADSAS PS? I pasted by PS into the area but the paragraph indents do not show up. Did you guys just put a space in between the paragraphs or is my computer just not working right for the format (I'm using a mac with firefox).

I have a mac and it is happening to me, too! Also, for me it is doing this weird thing where it will cut up a sentence and put it on another line. It is almost where every sentence becomes chopped up. Is this happening to anyone else? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Boot into Windows and see if it fixes the problem! Or manually fix them and submit that thing!

I have a mac and it is happening to me, too! Also, for me it is doing this weird thing where it will cut up a sentence and put it on another line. It is almost where every sentence becomes chopped up. Is this happening to anyone else? :confused:

What word processor are you using. Make sure you put it into TextEdit before you paste it into the box. I didn't try but I wouldn't be surprised if Pages has a different formatting setting or something.

Actually what I have noticed is that when I save the PS with Safari, it does that cutting out thing. Use Firefox of a computer with windows.

Thanks guys! Firefox worked for me :) I appreciate it!

We were just saying that we don't think you can. Here is what AADSAS says about formatting

The best practice for you to compose your personal statement is to copy the essay from Word and paste it into Notepad.

Note: To open Notepad, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad. From Notepad you can view how the text looks and be able to edit it (such as adding or removing line feeds) before saving it as a .txt file in a known folder. You can then copy the text from Notepad and paste it into the textbox in the application.

Some formatting characters and indentation used in programs like Word will not display properly. Take the time to review the final document before you submit your application to AADSAS.

Your personal essay will be formatted and printed in standard paragraph form before being sent to your designated dental schools as a part of your AADSAS application. It will not be sent to your designated dental schools in the format you view in the on-line application.

It seems like they will format it after you submit it. To be on the safe side I think I am still going to leave an extra space between paragraphs so no confusion is made and I end up with a 1 paragraph PS.

We were just saying that we don't think you can. Here is what AADSAS says about formatting

The best practice for you to compose your personal statement is to copy the essay from Word and paste it into Notepad.

Note: To open Notepad, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad. From Notepad you can view how the text looks and be able to edit it (such as adding or removing line feeds) before saving it as a .txt file in a known folder. You can then copy the text from Notepad and paste it into the textbox in the application.

Some formatting characters and indentation used in programs like Word will not display properly. Take the time to review the final document before you submit your application to AADSAS.

Your personal essay will be formatted and printed in standard paragraph form before being sent to your designated dental schools as a part of your AADSAS application. It will not be sent to your designated dental schools in the format you view in the on-line application.

It seems like they will format it after you submit it. To be on the safe side I think I am still going to leave an extra space between paragraphs so no confusion is made and I end up with a 1 paragraph PS.

Yeah.
I think that is really good idea.
Mine is exactly 4500.. guess I have to delete some words and make extra space btw paragraphs. :rolleyes: