1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PS section tests- EK or Kaplan?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by bananaboat, Jul 30, 2006.

1. bananaboat

bananaboat Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

physical sciences is a major weak point for me. i'm consistently getting 9's and not sure how to maintain the ocassional 10 i get.

I have the EK tests (1-3) and all the kaplan tests.

I don't have time to do them all...

I've done three of Kaplan's PS and find them horrible. rather than actually understanding the passages, i feel like a lot of questions I'm forced to just make a somewhat educated guess.

I was thinking of just leaving the kaplan PS and switching over to do the EK physical sections (EK 1G, 2, 3).

has anyone done the EK tests? how does their PS compare to the AAMC?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bananaboat

bananaboat Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

4. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you're at a 9, it sounds like PS isn't a major weakness. Most likely it's not a content problem but a strategy problem. In this case, I would go with EK since they're more realistic.