PSA ALL ACTIVE DUTY AND VETERANS! (JST)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrOngoGablogian

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone is working to submit their AMCAS soon, or if you already have, and are in the military/are vets:

You must request to have your joint service transcript sent in to AMCAS!

Even if you are thinking right now “the AMCAS instructions made it seem like if there isn’t really anything there then it’s not necessary to include”— NO. When they get to your app, they will kick it back if it is not there. I almost had to kick my own you-know-what last year when it happened to me because I overlooked this detail. Luckily it didn’t delay me too bad, but you don’t want to make the same mistake!

Just go there and fill out the request. Those fine folks turn it around in like half a day. Do it now before you forget!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone is working to submit their AMCAS soon, or if you already have, and are in the military/are vets:

You must request to have your joint service transcript sent in to AMCAS!

Even if you are thinking right now “the AMCAS instructions made it seem like if there isn’t really anything there then it’s not necessary to include”— NO. When they get to your app, they will kick it back if it is not there. I almost had to kick my own you-know-what last year when it happened to me because I overlooked this detail. Luckily it didn’t delay me too bad, but you don’t want to make the same mistake!

Just go there and fill out the request. Those fine folks turn it around in like half a day. Do it now before you forget!
Have you seen any information about Air Force members being required to provide a JST? Upon review, AMCAS added a JST requirement to my application (keeping it on hold), but this service isn’t available to Air Force members.

Looks like you're supposed to request from the community college of the air force.

I am not familiar, but the link below seems to talk it through pretty well. Don't sit on it, if it isn't clear give the CC of AF a call and ask.

That's basically what I've been seeing too-- makes me wonder why AMCAS put JST as a transcript that I needed rather than CCAF or Air University. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to work both avenues, a transcript from AU and possibly a letter stating a transcript isn't available for JST. A little frustrating that this is keeping me from having my application approved.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you input anything on your actual application then? My JST is just training and no actual coursework that counts for anything

Has anyone's JST transcript actually shown up at AMCAS? I have requested it multiple times and have initiated inquiries on the jst.doded.mil site. The person I am in communication with at JST submitted my transcript three times at this point, once in May, once in June, and once at the beginning of this month. To no avail.

**** now i'm going to have 4 transcripts to send next year lol. i hope i got an A in cyber awareness.