PSA: Don’t lie to your Board of Pharmacy (enforcement actions)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don’t lie to your BOP....ESPECIALLY if what you are telling them directly contradicts what you told police/what is in your arrest record. :::face palm:::

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
At all times relevant to the charges brought herein, Respondent was employed and on duty as a server with his parent’s restaurant ABC Hawaiian BBQ located in Monrovia, California.

On or about December 15, 2013, Respondent, while employed and on duty as a server at a restaurant, used the unisex, single occupancy restroom when he heard a woman customer (“victim 2”) and her two (2) year old daughter (“victim 1”) trying to enter the restroom.

Respondent placed his camera phone in the corner of the bathroom floor with the camera facing the toilet knowing victim 1 and 2 were in need of using the restroom. Upon exiting the restroom, Respondent approached victim 1 and 2 to inform victim 2 that the bathroom was available. Victim 2 noticed the camera phone near the toilet and brought it to her mother’s attention.

Victim 2 noticed the phone’s suspicious location and the fact that it was recording. Victim 2 left the restaurant and took the phone to Monrovia Police Department (“MPD”) to report the recording. Officers went to the restaurant to speak with Respondent, who provided a statement. Respondent initially told the officer that he placed his cell phone in the bathroom because there was an over usage of toilet cover slips and toilet paper, but later admitted that he “wanted to take video of the little girl peeing.” Respondent’s father, who also worked at the restaurant, confirmed there was no over usage.

On or about February 11, 2014, in the case of The People of the State of California v. ********, Los Angeles County Superior Court case no. 4PS20266, the Respondent was charged with a violation of Penal Code section 647(j)(3), Use of a Concealed Camera to Secretly Record a Person who may be in a State of Full or Partial Undress for the Purpose of Viewing the Body of that Person Without Their Consent With the Intent to Invade the Privacy of that Person.

On or about May 9, 2014, Respondent was convicted by his plea of No Contest of a misdemeanor violation of Penal Code section 647(j)(3). The Respondent was placed on 3 years probation, and ordered to stay away from the 2-year-old victim and her mother, and to attend 13 sexual compulsive anonymous meetings.

On or about August 22, 2018, Respondent submitted his application for licensure as an Intern Pharmacist with a written explanation regarding the conviction he disclosed. In the written explanation, Respondent alleged that customers had been vandalizing the restroom, throwing toilet paper/paper towels everywhere and that he decided to take matters in his own hands by setting up the camera phone in the restroom, contradicting not only the evidence, but Respondent’s own statements and admission recorded in the arrest report. Further, Respondent falsely stated in his written explanation that he was charged with disorderly conduct.

FIRST CAUSE FOR DENIAL
(False Statement of Fact Made in Application for Licensure)
12. Respondent’s application is subject to denial under Code section 480, subdivision (e), in that Respondent made false statements of facts required to be revealed in the application for the license, as more particularly set forth above in paragraph 9.

SECOND CAUSE FOR DENIAL (Acts Involving Dishonesty, Fraud or Deceit)
13. Respondent’s application is subject to denial under Code section 480,
subdivision (a)(2), in that on or about August 22, 2018, Respondent committed dishonest acts, fraud, or deceit with the intent to substantially benefit himself, or substantially injure another, as follows:

1. Respondent lied in his statement to Monrovia Police Department as to the reason he placed the camera phone in the bathroom, as more particularly set forth above in paragraph 8.
  2. Respondent’s explanation of the incident disclosed in his explanatory letter to the Board was contradictory to Respondent’s admissions in his statement in his arrest report, as more particularly set forth above in paragraphs 8 and 11.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What will the poor school do if it loses $70,000 X 4 years in tuition? Talk about low admission standards.

These are the types of kids pharmacy schools are accepting nowadays. I don’t think your PSA will do much good.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Officers went to the restaurant to speak with Respondent, who provided a statement. Respondent initially told the officer that he placed his cell phone in the bathroom because there was an over usage of toilet cover slips and toilet paper, but later admitted that he “wanted to take video of the little girl peeing.”

Gross dude, why would anyone ever admit to this.

Reactions: 1 users
sheesh, such a creepy person.

Did he think the federal background check was just for show?

That's incredibly creepy but why would the applicant answer those questions in the first place? I'd just say "you have access to the case and its associated facts". No sense in repeating what people can see in front of them.

That's incredibly creepy but why would the applicant answer those questions in the first place? I'd just say "you have access to the case and its associated facts". No sense in repeating what people can see in front of them.

He didn’t know they also have google.

Not defending his actions, but it sounds like he was coerced to confess his crime due to law enforcement interrogation tactics. Perhaps it may have been in his best interest to plead the 5th and lawyer up?

Lol! Just answer "I don't recall" to every question. Or "maybe maybe not who knows that's the fun"

Not defending his actions, but it sounds like he was coerced to confess his crime due to law enforcement interrogation tactics. Perhaps it may have been in his best interest to plead the 5th and lawyer up?

lol, I’m pretty lenient when I try to read between the lines, but this one seems like a bit of a stretch.

Lesson of the day: admitting you’re a (hopefully former) creeper with pedophilic tendencies is probably a better than lying to BOP

I think the intern application asks for an explanation, and the applicant thought this would be the perfect time to explain himself! This ain’t match.com, geez.

Really, he should have just said something like “I had a lapse in judgement because of a sexual addiction for which I was treated. I accepted responsibility and my sentence and have matured these last 5 years and am ready to begin my career serving others.”

Nope, he made up some cock and bull about toilet paper.

Genius.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else catch the dad just throwing his son under the bus? Hahah

Because if they are lying and you know it, you have a defendable reason to permanently deny a license.

High standards for pharmacy schools these days!

High standards for pharmacy schools these days!

Makes me wonder:

a) what school this guy went to
b) what did he disclose to the school
c) what types of background checks, if any, do schools run on applicant
d) what’s the general policy re: a misdemeanor

I mean, unless things have changed, I don’t recall submitting the necessary items for a background check (ie fingerprints, specific consent, etc...)

Maybe a younger student can enlighten me. I’m kinda curious.

I had to submit a background check and get my fingerprints taken at the state police office. However, I can't recall if that was for my intern license or pharmacy school.

Probably going to see more of this as the bottom of the barrel kids start to graduate.

Probably going to see more of this as the bottom of the barrel kids start to graduate.

Probably not since they’d get stuck at P-1 unable to get an intern license like this perv

BU admitted the Craigslist killer, so

He would have been better off taking over his family's restaurant.

Probably not since they’d get stuck at P-1 unable to get an intern license like this perv

I mean, we had a big ol’ cheating scandal in California and a tech who passed off as being a pharmacist... How low is the bar?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I mean, we had a big ol’ cheating scandal in California and a tech who passed off as being a pharmacist... How low is the bar?

Unsure of your logic linking poor HR practices at Walgreens with school admissions applicant pools.

He would have been better off taking over his family's restaurant.

I’d probably have to agree. Slinging loco moco plates is recession-proof, lol

Don’t lie to your BOP....ESPECIALLY if what you are telling them directly contradicts what you told police/what is in your arrest record. :::face palm:::

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
At all times relevant to the charges brought herein, Respondent was employed and on duty as a server with his parent’s restaurant ABC Hawaiian BBQ located in Monrovia, California.

On or about December 15, 2013, Respondent, while employed and on duty as a server at a restaurant, used the unisex, single occupancy restroom when he heard a woman customer (“victim 2”) and her two (2) year old daughter (“victim 1”) trying to enter the restroom.

Respondent placed his camera phone in the corner of the bathroom floor with the camera facing the toilet knowing victim 1 and 2 were in need of using the restroom. Upon exiting the restroom, Respondent approached victim 1 and 2 to inform victim 2 that the bathroom was available. Victim 2 noticed the camera phone near the toilet and brought it to her mother’s attention.

Victim 2 noticed the phone’s suspicious location and the fact that it was recording. Victim 2 left the restaurant and took the phone to Monrovia Police Department (“MPD”) to report the recording. Officers went to the restaurant to speak with Respondent, who provided a statement. Respondent initially told the officer that he placed his cell phone in the bathroom because there was an over usage of toilet cover slips and toilet paper, but later admitted that he “wanted to take video of the little girl peeing.” Respondent’s father, who also worked at the restaurant, confirmed there was no over usage.

On or about February 11, 2014, in the case of The People of the State of California v. ********, Los Angeles County Superior Court case no. 4PS20266, the Respondent was charged with a violation of Penal Code section 647(j)(3), Use of a Concealed Camera to Secretly Record a Person who may be in a State of Full or Partial Undress for the Purpose of Viewing the Body of that Person Without Their Consent With the Intent to Invade the Privacy of that Person.

On or about May 9, 2014, Respondent was convicted by his plea of No Contest of a misdemeanor violation of Penal Code section 647(j)(3). The Respondent was placed on 3 years probation, and ordered to stay away from the 2-year-old victim and her mother, and to attend 13 sexual compulsive anonymous meetings.

On or about August 22, 2018, Respondent submitted his application for licensure as an Intern Pharmacist with a written explanation regarding the conviction he disclosed. In the written explanation, Respondent alleged that customers had been vandalizing the restroom, throwing toilet paper/paper towels everywhere and that he decided to take matters in his own hands by setting up the camera phone in the restroom, contradicting not only the evidence, but Respondent’s own statements and admission recorded in the arrest report. Further, Respondent falsely stated in his written explanation that he was charged with disorderly conduct.

FIRST CAUSE FOR DENIAL
(False Statement of Fact Made in Application for Licensure)
12. Respondent’s application is subject to denial under Code section 480, subdivision (e), in that Respondent made false statements of facts required to be revealed in the application for the license, as more particularly set forth above in paragraph 9.

SECOND CAUSE FOR DENIAL (Acts Involving Dishonesty, Fraud or Deceit)
13. Respondent’s application is subject to denial under Code section 480,
subdivision (a)(2), in that on or about August 22, 2018, Respondent committed dishonest acts, fraud, or deceit with the intent to substantially benefit himself, or substantially injure another, as follows:

1. Respondent lied in his statement to Monrovia Police Department as to the reason he placed the camera phone in the bathroom, as more particularly set forth above in paragraph 8.
  2. Respondent’s explanation of the incident disclosed in his explanatory letter to the Board was contradictory to Respondent’s admissions in his statement in his arrest report, as more particularly set forth above in paragraphs 8 and 11.
Looks like his folks changed the name of the business, lol

Looks like his folks changed the name of the business, lol

I looked at some reviews and it sounds like the fam sold it (hope they weren’t banking on the son finishing pharmacy school, womp womp)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I looked at some reviews and it sounds like the fam sold it (hope they weren’t banking on the son finishing pharmacy school, womp womp)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
They should've renamed it "Peeps 'n Pokè"

• Haha
They should've renamed it "Peeps 'n Pokè"
(Half joking) Probably would violate California naming standards for businesses on obscenity grounds.

If you’re not aware of the joke, California was a state where you didn’t have to put up business signage in the Roman alphabet nor serve the public. You can still see remnants of the policy in Chinatown and Milpitas, the home of my favorite cha restaurant in the country (and doesn’t serve a group of people (my ancestral people in fact) and dogs if a WWII era sign is to be taken seriously).

• Haha