Psilocybin. Hit the reset button.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link

I've always been interested in the ignored possibilities in endocannabinoids...weight loss...better LDL numbers...better A1C numbers...etc, etc. But that's receptor antagonism.

Now we are apparently going to another level and researching the benefits of acute hallucinogenic therapy on an assortment of diseases. I can't wait until they figure some of this **** out and give me a whole slew of new receptors to learn about...

After taking the hallucinogen, Dr. Martin put on an eye mask and headphones, and lay on a couch listening to classical music as he contemplated the universe.

“All of a sudden, everything familiar started evaporating,” he recalled. “Imagine you fall off a boat out in the open ocean, and you turn around, and the boat is gone. And then the water’s gone. And then you’re gone.”

Today, more than a year later, Dr. Martin credits that six-hour experience with helping him overcome his depression and profoundly transforming his relationships with his daughter and friends.

Researchers from around the world are gathering this week in San Jose, Calif., for the largest conference on psychedelic science held in the United States in four decades. They plan to discuss studies of psilocybin and other psychedelics for treating depression in cancer patients, obsessive-compulsive disorder, end-of-life anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction to drugs or alcohol.

Dr. Griffiths said, that it seems likely the human brain is wired to undergo these “unitive” experiences, perhaps because of some evolutionary advantage.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was researching Hopkins back when I was interviewing for them, I saw them recruiting people for a clinical trial for something along these lines.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is some pretty deep stuff, though. I mean, some of those drugs "awaken" parts of our mind we don't typically use day in and day out. Many cultures and religious communities use psychedelics to have spiritual experiences. Obviously the receptors are there for a reason...

thanks for sharing WVU. I look forward to reading more about it.

Link

I've always been interested in the ignored possibilities in endocannabinoids...weight loss...better LDL numbers...better A1C numbers...etc, etc. But that's receptor antagonism.

Now we are apparently going to another level and researching the benefits of acute hallucinogenic therapy on an assortment of diseases. I can't wait until they figure some of this **** out and give me a whole slew of new receptors to learn about...

Who woulda thought, Timothy Leary was right after all? Turn on, tune in, drop out dude!

I posted this article to my Facebook page this morning. I'm glad that research has resumed in the area of hallucinogenic drugs. I don't imagine that I'll ever fill a prescription for psilocybin, but if it's useful in a controlled setting I don't see any controversy.

I'm well aware of the old MK-ULTRA trials. I was asking if any ongoing trials are currently happening.

Just really curious. My own experiences with LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms have been nothing but life altering.