PSU-HMC Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr962000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a little update regarding the housing situation...For anyone who has not recently called the Housing Office...currently there are only '4 bedroom shared apts' (through the school - no singles and no doubles - for people wanting to move in late July early Aug). I found this out and they suggested that I look for off campus housing...they emailed me a list of off campus places. I called around to a few and most did not even have housing available (apparently they have been bombarded by med students looking for housing). A few places on the list were less than par (I took a look at a few and can tell you specifics if you wish). Finally I found a really cute place, The Shoe Factory, it is more expensive but clean. There is a studio and one bedroom left in The Shoe Factory. It is only about 10 minutes from campus is Palmyra. I loved it. Just giving an update :)

Members don't see this ad.

did you decide against the 4 bedroom shared apts? i am comign from california, talked to the housing people and they said i would most likely be offered a furnished-4-bedroom, and they took into consideration how far i would be coming. i think it makes the most sense, but it reminds me of freshman year of college!!! pre-furnished (which would be easier for me), 9' X 11' bedrooms with a TWIN BED!!! I haven't slept in a twin bed for over 4 years!! what other places did they recommend or looked decent?? i am curious in case this 4 bedroo falls through. although it would be easiest to move there until i figure out woth who and where to move to.

The four bedroom shared are right on the hospital grounds...a little small and by the looks of the outside a little dated. I declined the four bed shared... four people to one bathroom scared me (esp if it were all girls) and I was kind of looking foward to furnishing my own place. If you are coming from Cali I would think it would be easiest to take the four bedroom deal since you probably wont be able to come out to check out off campus housing anyway. But if you do decide you may want off campus or the four shared falls through email me at [email protected] for a list of off campus apts. I am moving in April 1st to give me some time before orientation starts. I think most people are moving in around then. Hope this helps.