PSU Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VinDiesel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else had problems with PSU taking a while to change their status? All my materials were submitted to them about a month ago, and their website still says "it cannot be determined if your application is complete at this time." I would appreciate anybody else's experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody else had problems with PSU taking a while to change their status? All my materials were submitted to them about a month ago, and their website still says "it cannot be determined if your application is complete at this time." I would appreciate anybody else's experience.

Yeah, mine took quite a while, 3-4 weeks, but when the invite came it was well worth the wait!

Good luck to you.

oh good, I'm SO glad to see it's not a problem with my application. They received all my materials (LORs, secondary) on July 17th, and they confirmed receipt of my fee waiver on July 20th (read as "FOREVER ago"). I finally emailed them yesterday morning about it, but no response yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Penn State confirms completion of applications in the exact order they are received. So, if you submitted around a peak time, it might take a while. It took my application a little over two months last year. But, once they confirm completion, it takes very little time until your application is reviewed by the adcom.

Good to know that other people are having the same problem. I checked and I submitted all my materials August 5th. I applied two years ago and don't remember it taking this long. I called last week and the lady in the admissions office wouldn't tell me anything except that the applications are reviewed in the order they are received, just like you guys said. Thanks for the advice.

Whew! glad I'm in the same boat as a few others here. Its been very discouraging to know that people are getting interviews, and my app hasnt even been completed! Its been done since july 17th too....

one of my buddies (oos) just got an interview invite and he submitted his psu secondary mid to late july...

i always get nervous and wonder whether they're taking their time processing things or my letters got lost in transit.

hopefully it's the first one. :rolleyes: