Psych Gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOUBLEDIGITSII

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Taking The The Psych Gre Next Week And Was Wondering What The Difficuluty Level Is?

I Have An Undergrad Degree In Neuroscience So I Took Some Psych Courses. But As My Main Review I Am Reading A Psychology Text.

Is This Enough?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking the Psych GRE next week as well. From what I know about the test it covers psych 100, the influential people and their theories and famous experiments. I bought a Kaplan review book,which I find very helpful. It is not supposed to be difficult. You just need to spend some time memorizing people, concepts, etc. Again this is what I have gathered from doing a practice test and going through the review book. Good luck!

Hi there

I took the test last year, and studied for about 3 weeks and did fine (I am also a psych major though). I would heavily recommend purchasing a Kaplan or Princeton book (I used princeton). They will focus in on the key people/theories to remember. In the Princeton book there is also a practice test that breaks down the questions by area (e.g. developmental, sensation,etc.) That will allow you to realize which areas you are weak in and focus your studying on those areas.

Also...remember that not all schools require the psych GRE....so if you don't do as well as you expect don't stress out too much :)

Members don't see this ad :)
twiggers said:
Hi there

I took the test last year, and studied for about 3 weeks and did fine (I am also a psych major though). I would heavily recommend purchasing a Kaplan or Princeton book (I used princeton). They will focus in on the key people/theories to remember. In the Princeton book there is also a practice test that breaks down the questions by area (e.g. developmental, sensation,etc.) That will allow you to realize which areas you are weak in and focus your studying on those areas.

Also...remember that not all schools require the psych GRE....so if you don't do as well as you expect don't stress out too much :)

THANKS. I'VE TAKEN THE MCAT 3 TIMES SO I'M MAXED OUT ON STRESS.

GOD!!!!! I hear ya!!! I personally don't think as much weight is given to the psych GRE. I mean it's still important, and if you bombed it, it might hurt you...but overall its the general GRE they care about.
I applied to 20 schools, and I think only about 1/2 required it :)

Take the practice tests in the Kaplan book. I thought those were most like the real test (actually scored a little higher on the real test).

Is the difficulty level on the test similar to that in the Kaplan and Princeton books? I'm doing well with those, but I also bought a book of six sample GREs by REA, and those tests seem extremely difficult. I'm only scoring about 610 on those and hitting 700 on the Kaplan and Princeton tests.

I found my score on the Princeton was close to my score on actual test. I also thought that the Princeton was a little harder than the actual one.

The best one is the one ETS sends you when you register :)