psych residency in UK vs canada vs australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ariesq8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there,
i am in the process of applying for psych residency and i dont know what country to choose. i am an IMG.
my options are UK vs canada vs australia .. hmm im not so excited about spending 5 yrs in australia, its like so far away lol
so its more like UK vs CANADA .. any thoughts on which might be better?

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Canada, it is an American State so has to abide by our rules. Ergo, better quality...sorta. :D

Canada, it is an American State so has to abide by our rules. Ergo, better quality...sorta. :D

hehe....The Canadian Head of State is no other the Queen Elizabeth The Second and according to opinion polls thats the way they like it.

The U.S. is of course a former colony of the United Kingdom who takes its form of government from a United Kingdom blue print. See the papers of the Constitutional Convention 1787 that took place in Philadephia when the U.S. constitution was written. (basically just a derivation of Magna Carta 1215).

p.s. Sorry about torching the capital in 1812, **** happens.....

Last edited:
hey there,
i am in the process of applying for psych residency and i dont know what country to choose. i am an IMG.
my options are UK vs canada vs australia .. hmm im not so excited about spending 5 yrs in australia, its like so far away lol
so its more like UK vs CANADA .. any thoughts on which might be better?

thank you

Where do you ultimately want to practice?