SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Psychiatry Cases

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by DMDcanada, Apr 14, 2007.

1. DMDcanada

DMDcanada Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Does anyone know a website or book that i can get clinically related psychiatry cases?!! i find my current textbook to lack cases, and the exam will be case based. Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Arsenic

Arsenic posting from the future Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

May 5, 2004
    NYC
    case files: psychiatry

i always use the case files series for my shelf exams, they make learning the material much better. basically, they present a clinical vignette and then ask you some questions like "what would you do next?" and then go into a discussion on the disease, the management, etc... some of them are better than others but for the most part i really like them.

4. jdh71

jdh71 epiphany at nine thousand six hundred feet Physician 10+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2006
    FEMA Camp, USA
    Underground Clinical Vignettes: Psychiatry

5. Arsenic

Arsenic posting from the future Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

May 5, 2004
    NYC
    def good also. with all the extra time i had on that rotation i read first aid psych and just annotated it with stuff from case files. i didnt buy UCV Psych but glanced at someones elses copy and it looked very good, short and to the point.

6. jdh71

jdh71 epiphany at nine thousand six hundred feet Physician 10+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2006
    FEMA Camp, USA
    short and to the point - it was - I really liked the defense mechanisms section - pretty easy adn straight forward questions but sometimes I would get them twisted around.