Psychiatry Cases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDcanada

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a website or book that i can get clinically related psychiatry cases?!! i find my current textbook to lack cases, and the exam will be case based. Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know a website or book that i can get clinically related psychiatry cases?!! i find my current textbook to lack cases, and the exam will be case based. Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

case files: psychiatry

i always use the case files series for my shelf exams, they make learning the material much better. basically, they present a clinical vignette and then ask you some questions like "what would you do next?" and then go into a discussion on the disease, the management, etc... some of them are better than others but for the most part i really like them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Underground Clinical Vignettes: Psychiatry

def good also. with all the extra time i had on that rotation i read first aid psych and just annotated it with stuff from case files. i didnt buy UCV Psych but glanced at someones elses copy and it looked very good, short and to the point.

def good also. with all the extra time i had on that rotation i read first aid psych and just annotated it with stuff from case files. i didnt buy UCV Psych but glanced at someones elses copy and it looked very good, short and to the point.

short and to the point - it was - I really liked the defense mechanisms section - pretty easy adn straight forward questions but sometimes I would get them twisted around.