1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Psychology

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by SharpayxX, May 26, 2008.

1. SharpayxX

Pre-Dental
    How important is it to take a psychology class if I want to be a dentist? I have already taken sociology, but some people told me psychology was more important to include in my course load since it helps with doctor-patient relationships. I, however, figure that as long as psychology isn't a requirement for the dental schools I want to apply to then I can just not take it.

2. Sbosu

Sbosu Member
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I dont think its that important unless its a prerequisite such as at Michigan

3. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I didn't take any sort of psych, and I doubt it hindered me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yep, and there are a few other out there as well... I would suggest double checking the school requirements for where you will be (or anticipate) applying. If it's not required by any of those schools, then don't bother.

5. kikomon616

Pre-Dental
    I called Michigan and asked about the sociology requirement (I already had psych covered). They told me that its not too important of a prerequesite... They'll still interview and accept you and just ask you to take it at a junior college before you get there.

6. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That was my case exactly! I thought I had completed it all along until I was accepted. (THe class I took cross-listed as sociology at my school ,but Michigan thought otherwise). Moral of the story is you can get all the way to an acceptance before having to worry about it.