Psychopharmacology Institute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychresy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I bought access to this website and I have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed. It seems very disorganized, light in content, hard to find what you're looking for. I had high hopes initially and had heard good things, but none of those are coming to fruition. Does anyone have another similar resource they could recommend? I like the idea on paper, but the execution is just horrible.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Program Overview (the psychopharm course)

I know this one, that`s made by Stahl. However, the website is VERY ugly and I have no idea how good it is.

Program Overview (the psychopharm course)

I know this one, that`s made by Stahl. However, the website is VERY ugly and I have no idea how good it is.
I like the app so far (still in the free phase), but am not sure if I will be able to justify $129/year to keep access to it or if I will discover other resources that are free or at least just 1 time fees.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like the app so far (still in the free phase), but am not sure if I will be able to justify $129/year to keep access to it or if I will discover other resources that are free or at least just 1 time fees.

Are there videos on that site or just articles?

Are there videos on that site or just articles?

One of my co-residents has the Stahl subscription and I thought there were videos but checking again it looks like there's not. I actually liked the brief overview I saw, but haven't used it. Although just went to the website and apparently Stahl's site works in conjunction with the NEI site above. No idea how much overlap there is or who contributes more to who, but just something I noticed.

Agree that psychopharm institute is garbage. Even the free resources are pretty worthless imo.

NEI does have access to videos, including all recordings from the NEI conference. I felt it was well worth the $130, but as always, be wary of the industry influence with Stahls materials.

Agree that psychopharm institute is garbage. Even the free resources are pretty worthless imo.

NEI does have access to videos, including all recordings from the NEI conference. I felt it was well worth the $130, but as always, be wary of the industry influence with Stahls materials.
Its better than the psychopharm institute? I’m pretty sure that’s more than 130 so that’s interesting

Agree that the psychopharm institute is terribly organized and impossible to search for what you want. Some of the videos are excellent though but after watching them the first time, it's extremely difficult to find it again when I want to watch it.

I got a subscription to Simple & Practical Mental Health recently and it seems to be much more relevant and practical. The daily emails also force me to read about a topic every day on my phone email app and they're short enough to digest in less than a few minutes.

Agree that the psychopharm institute is terribly organized and impossible to search for what you want. Some of the videos are excellent though but after watching them the first time, it's extremely difficult to find it again when I want to watch it.

I got a subscription to Simple & Practical Mental Health recently and it seems to be much more relevant and practical. The daily emails also force me to read about a topic every day on my phone email app and they're short enough to digest in less than a few minutes.

does it have good videos? Psychopharm instute has a lot of good videos although agreed organization sucks

I checked out the free online websites but none seemed too good. If you're willing to go the pay route and gain access to other learning material, then two resources I can think of are:

Resident Genius which is full of info on all aspects of Psych, including psychopharm - its a lot of material, no videos

and

Testing Psych - the demo is free - if you want multiple choice style questions in the feel of the board exam with pretty decent answers - I think they have over 600 questions on psychopharm (no pharm videos but they do have clinical vignette vids) people who've tried this tell me it's the best so far for board prep

I had Resident/Psychiatry Genius. Did not find it helpful.

I had Resident/Psychiatry Genius. Did not find it helpful.

What did you find useful, if anything? I’ve been studying with Psych Genius after hearing good reviews, though I’d happily pay someone else for the next 7 weeks, if there’s better out there for the price.