PT career + injury/illness

Started by jrc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jrc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What specialties are the most/least physically demanding? How doable is it to move between specialties? Are there any areas that do not involve any/much manual therapy (i.e. massage, manual joint mobilization, etc.)?

Coming from the professional dance world where injury/illness often ends one's performing career, I'm wondering what the options are for a PT who becomes chronically ill or injured.

Thanks in advance.😕
 
I'd also be interested in answers to this question...Anyone out there?
 
me three.
I'm an undergrad now thinking about pt. However, every place I shadow has employees who are changing fields because of the strain on their own bodies. Do I have a skewed sample or is this really how it goes?