PT schools that accept transfer applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UprootedSPT

Reaction score
Hello all,

Long story short, I'm a current DPT student looking to transfer programs. I've completed about half of the program that I'm enrolled in, but for various reasons continuing my education where I am is an extremely unappealing idea, so I'm trying to explore what my options are. I still really want to be a PT, and for obvious reasons would love to not have to start from scratch, so that's where my hope of transferring comes in.

Problem is, transferring schools seems pretty rare, and most programs clearly don't encourage it. From looking around, the only school I've found that might accept transfers is University of New England. I'm sure there's more out there and I'm still looking, but I don't know how to best find them. I'm open to programs anywhere in the country here.

I'm sure many of you are thinking that I should just stick things out where I am. I'm considering this as well for sure, but I just want to know what all my options are before making a decision one way or the other, so even listing just one school that you know considers transfers would be so so helpful.

I'm definitely aware that most schools don't do this, and that most schools don't consider transfers because they all tout having a unique, individualized curriculum, etc, but I really hope that I'll be able to. I also know that decisions for allowing transfers and how many transfer credits will be accepted probably happens on a case by case basis, which is fine. I remain in good academic and professional standing at my current program, which I hope would help.

Bottom line: I've completed half a DPT program and am looking for names of any and all programs that even consider allowing transfers. Anyone who can help, you don't even know how much I appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard the University of St. Augustine might accept transfer credit (but you might have to pay a fee to have them verify and match up course for course).

Which school would you possibly be transferring from?

I've never heard of someone transferring before, but I got curious, Googled, and found George Fox University.

This site won't let me post a link because apparently I don't have enough posts or likes to do that yet :shrug:

But it looks like it's a small Christian university in Oregon! And this quote was on their Doctor of Physical Therapy page: "Transfer credits and transfer students from other physical therapy programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis."

Hope it helps :)