PT Schools that consider last 60 hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know there are probably some old threads on this already..but i wanted to post this to collaborate with people who started off poorly, like me, but closed out strong to finish their undergrad career.

My stats:

cGPA: 2.8 (ouch)
core req. GPA: 3.5
Last 60 GPA: 3.7

Most schools obviously require at least 40 hours of experience shadowing a PT in at least 2 different physical therapy settings(inpatient, outpatient, pediatrics, etc) as well as at least a 3.0 in all core required courses. Here are the schools i've found so far that look very closely at your last 60 or exclusively use your last 60 to determine your admission:

Western Carolina University: Last 60 hours 3.0, or 2.85 cumulative
University of Missouri: Last 60 hours *Only requires Chem 1.
Missouri State University: At least a 2.75 on last 60 hours
University of South Alabama: Use cumulative vs. last 64 hours and will use the higher of the GPAs
University of Central Arkansas: Substitute last 30 hours for cGPA if last 30 hours is at least 10% higher than 3.0 minimum required cGPA.
University of Florida: Last 60 hours
University of Central Florida: Last 60 hours
University of North Florida: Last 60 hours
Florida Gulf Coast University: Last 60 hours..tuition is insane though
Florida International University: Last 60 hours..recommended at least a 3.0 cumulative though...
South College (TN): Last 60 hours
University of North Texas HSC: Last 60 hours *(class of 2014 had 3.78 avg in last 60)
Angelo State University (TX): Last 60 hours *(Last 60 gpa is 3.63 avg)
Texas State University: Last 60 hours *(Last 60 gpa is 3.7 avg)
Wichita State University: Last 60 hours
Arkansas State University: Last 60 hours *(Avg. GPA for last 60 hours was 3.85) *Accepts around 10% OOS
Eastern Washington University: Last 60 hours *(Avg GPA for last 60 was 3.8)
San Fransisco State University: Last 60 hours *150 hours clinical/volunteer PT experience
Sacramento State University: Last 60 hours 2.5

As you can see..there are MANY schools out there that consider the latter part of your undergrad career! Exciting to say the least. If you find any more schools please feel free to add them! I think University of St. Augustine is one but ill have to do more research on it. My biggest concern is tuition cost at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Georgia Regents (recently changed name to Augusta State)

This may be a dumb question, but how did you find out if a school considers the last 60 hours? Places I've looked (program websites, PTCAS) haven't mentioned that. I could have missed it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a dumb question, but how did you find out if a school considers the last 60 hours? Places I've looked (program websites, PTCAS) haven't mentioned that. I could have missed it though.

If programs don't put it on their main admissions requirement page then a lot list it in a FAQ section on their website.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Willow

Yeah I looked up all these schools individually for "last 60 hours GPA" haha. Desperation I guess but glad I found them

That's really helpful, thank you! There's one in my state in a great area :)

[QUOTE="As you can see..there are MANY schools out there that consider the latter part of your undergrad career! Exciting to say the least. If you find any more schools please feel free to add them! I think University of St. Augustine is one but ill have to do more research on it. My biggest concern is tuition cost at this point.[/QUOTE]

This is very helpful. Did you look up every single PTCAS school to see if they did the last 60? That is a lot of work!

This is very helpful. Did you look up every single PTCAS school to see if they did the last 60? That is a lot of work![/QUOTE]

Not every one..but I'm going to see if I can find more schools online tonight to add to the list

Texas Woman's University looks at last 60 units GPA too (in addition to total math/science GPA). The average for the most recently admitted class was 3.85.

@okramango How does it work with schools such as TWU that look at last 60hrs but take the highest retake grade for prereq courses? Doesn't UNTHSC take last 60hrs also?

Hey Willow

Yeah I looked up all these schools individually for "last 60 hours GPA" haha. Desperation I guess but glad I found them
Wow, well, thank you for putting in the time! Good to know!

@okramango How does it work with schools such as TWU that look at last 60hrs but take the highest retake grade for prereq courses? Doesn't UNTHSC take last 60hrs also?
I'm not sure how TWU handles grade replacement in the last 60 units GPA, but you can email Mary Beth to find out. She's really good about responding to questions: [email protected]. Also, I believe TWU looks at overall math/science GPA rather than prereq GPA. Sorry I don't know anything about UNTHSC.

Reactions: 1 user
Pacific University considers last 60 too

I'm not sure how TWU handles grade replacement in the last 60 units GPA, but you can email Mary Beth to find out. She's really good about responding to questions: [email protected]. Also, I believe TWU looks at overall math/science GPA rather than prereq GPA. Sorry I don't know anything about UNTHSC.
Okay, thanks okramango! I'll just try to email her. My application was esubmitted 10/19 and still waiting for verification. Anyone else? It's almost been a month now.

I know Univerisity of Rhode Island and University of Illinois-Chicago look at the Last 60 as well. Also, Boston University and Tennessee State only look at Prereq GPA

A side note as well..some of the definitions of last 60 credits is different for some schools. Some schools look at the last 60 ever taken, but some schools like Texas State consider the last 60 credits as the last 60 credits of your undergraduate degree (Jr. and Sr. Years) and nothing past that