PT schools that look at the last 60 credit hours.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcedillo4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at schools that pay attention to the last 60 credit hours on your transcript. The only one I know for sure is Missouri. I feel this will give me a better chance of acceptance and I wish to have more than one option. If anyone knows more, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it :)

Members don't see this ad.

University of St. Augustine (Texas, San Diego, St. Aug Fl)
University of Central Florida( think they might be switching soon)

As you can tell, I'm from Florida :) good luck

rcedillo4, im not sure where you are from but Mercy College in new york looks at the last 60 credits. They are not on ptcas though

Members don't see this ad :)
University of St. Augustine (Texas, San Diego, St. Aug Fl)

Did you see that on their website? I was looking a few weeks ago at their website, but I did not see anything about that so I am curious how you know that they only look at the last 60. I am not discrediting you or anything, I am just also interested in applying for more programs that look at the last 60 credits of undergrad. I just want to make sure that I will be applying to ones that do. Thanks!

Did you see that on their website? I was looking a few weeks ago at their website, but I did not see anything about that so I am curious how you know that they only look at the last 60. I am not discrediting you or anything, I am just also interested in applying for more programs that look at the last 60 credits of undergrad. I just want to make sure that I will be applying to ones that do. Thanks!

I don't know from experience but just from this sites message board. I think they place more of an importance on the individual rather than the stats. If the last 60 hours look more promising, I think that is what they will weight on. I'm not really sure either but that is what I got out of it from this site. St. Augustine is my top choice on where to go (San Marcos) and I hope to be accepted and attend. :rolleyes:

Thanks feijin757! That was my top choice actually. :D

I'll look into that school today Jaug15! And I'm from Texas. :)

How dare you discredit me. Haha just kidding, I'm pretty familiar with the admissions process as I'll be attending the program this May.

I don't know from experience but just from this sites message board. I think they place more of an importance on the individual rather than the stats. If the last 60 hours look more promising, I think that is what they will weight on. I'm not really sure either but that is what I got out of it from this site. St. Augustine is my top choice on where to go (San Marcos) and I hope to be accepted and attend. :rolleyes:

Thanks feijin757! That was my top choice actually. :D

I'll look into that school today Jaug15! And I'm from Texas. :)

You're very welcome. I want to correct, what I think, is a common misconception about USA weighing the person's accomplishments vs. their academics.
As you know, the school has three start dates and graduates more students, per year, than any other program. In order to fill all of these seats I feel like they have to be a little more lenient on people getting in. Not to say that it’s incredibly easy to gain admission, but the competition is definitely diluted compared to a program who only has annual admissions. I’m also pretty certain that I got into the school because I had a good GRE and GPA. I always felt like my LORs, Personal Statement (not sure they really read it), Observation hours (The director told me the minimum of 80 was fine. I had maybe 10-15 more so I didn’t look too lazy) were secondary to having a strong academic profile. Plus, you aren’t eligible for a scholarship or two if you’re GPA (last 60) isn’t over a 3.5

rcedillo4, I know UNTHSC in Ft. Worth specifically mentioned they look very strongly at the last 60 hours.

You're very welcome. I want to correct, what I think, is a common misconception about USA weighing the person's accomplishments vs. their academics.
As you know, the school has three start dates and graduates more students, per year, than any other program. In order to fill all of these seats I feel like they have to be a little more lenient on people getting in. Not to say that it’s incredibly easy to gain admission, but the competition is definitely diluted compared to a program who only has annual admissions. I’m also pretty certain that I got into the school because I had a good GRE and GPA. I always felt like my LORs, Personal Statement (not sure they really read it), Observation hours (The director told me the minimum of 80 was fine. I had maybe 10-15 more so I didn’t look too lazy) were secondary to having a strong academic profile. Plus, you aren’t eligible for a scholarship or two if you’re GPA (last 60) isn’t over a 3.5

I absolutely agree. You got in because of your hard work and your accomplishments. Something really caught my eye: are you saying that if your last 60 hours are over 3.5 you are eligible for a scholarship there!? I honestly was going to live off loans and didn't think I qualified because my overall (not the last 60 credit hours) GPA is below 3.5.

rcedillo4, I know UNTHSC in Ft. Worth specifically mentioned they look very strongly at the last 60 hours.

Sweet! Thank you! I'll look at it right after lunch. Can't concentrate on an empty stomach :confused: